Chapter 9) Another dinner party

We had spent the rest of the night cuddling, talking about everything, and laughing. Just enjoying each others company, until we both fell asleep.

It was the best thing, falling asleep here with Luke by my side. But my dreamland just had to be disturbed by a phone ringing.. ''Ugh'' I groaned as i rolled over to get it.

''Hello..'' I said as i let out a yawn, ''Maya?'' It was Liz, i could hear that it was her voice. ''Yeah?'' I asked, a little confused. I looked over at Luke to see him beginning to wake up slowly, he looked up at me with a tired smile. ''Maya darling, why do you have Luke's phone?'' Liz asked, almost making my eyes pop out. Then i took the phone away from my ear, and it was indeed Luke's phone ''Oh my god'' I whispered, Luke looked confused at me until he took his phone ''Oh fuck'' He said as he pressed the button to end the call. 

''Did you seriously just end the call'' I chuckled ''Well what did you want me to do, i panicked!'' He said while running a hand down his face. He looked cute, his hair was all messed up from sleeping. His voice was deep and raspy, here in the morning. I ran my fingers through his hair, and then he pulled me down onto him. ''My mom is going to ask so many questions now..'' He mumbled against me ''Oh god, what about me.. I have to work with her every day!'' I said, pushing myself up a bit. '''We're so screwed..'' Luke laughed.

We sat at the table, eating toast with nutella on. Luke had turned off his phone, just in case his mom called. ''Why are you smiling at me like that?'' I asked him, seeing as he just sat there staring and smiling at me. ''Come here'' He said ''I'm not sure i want to'' I joked ''Maya..'' He said as he pouted his lips at me ''Luke'' I said back while mirroring his actions ''Alright, i can't anymore'' Luke chuckled as he got up from his seat, he walked over to me. Pulling my chair out, then kneeled in front of me, taking one hand and placed it on the side of my face. Then he leaned in and kissed me, the kiss was soft. Just like the ones we shared the night before.

Just as we were about to deepen the kiss, my phone rang. This caused Luke to let out a groan as i pulled away, ''It's your mom..'' I said to him as i was about to take the call ''Maya don't'' But i had already pushed the green button, i mean what if it was something about work? Then i kinda had to take the call. ''Maya darling, would you be a sweetheart and get Luke to turn his phone on'' Liz voice sounded, she didn't sound angry.. So i guess that's something, right? 

''Um.. Alright'' I let out a little chuckle, Luke let out a frustrated sigh and then let his head fall into my lap. ''You know.. I wondered where he went off to yesterday, guess i know now'' Liz said with a chuckle, and a little hint in her voice ''Oh please don't think we did anything..'' I said as i could feel a blush creep up on my cheeks, i could feel Luke laughing against me. ''Don't you worry dear.. But please say to Luke it's today the family is gathering, so he better get his fat ass home soon'' Liz said, making me laugh ''Okay, i'll do that.. Bye Liz'' I said as i chuckled ''Oh Maya wait'' She said quickly ''Yeah?'' I said, getting confused. ''Why don't you come over too'' She asked me.

''Um.. I don't want to be a bother..'' I trailed off, then Luke took the phone from me ''Bye mom'' He said then he ended the call. ''Did you just'' I said as i let out a low chuckle ''Yes i did.. And now i have to hear about it when i come home'' He said, as he got up. ''What did she say?'' Luke asked me curiously ''She told me to tell you to get your fat ass home..'' I laughed ''What, i'm not that fat!'' Luke joked as he did a little twirl for me. ''Come here'' He said. I giggled as i walked over to him, he held his arms out to me, but i walked past him ''Oh no you don't'' He said then took my hand and pulled me into his chest ''You need to turn your phone on..'' I told him ''Can't it wait?'' He said as he sneaked his arms around me ''No it can't, i don't want to be slaughtered by your mom'' I joked ''Like that's gonna happen, she adores you'' He chuckled, as he leaned down to kiss me, i turned my head.