Chapter 5) Dinner and broken glass

Laurel slept at my place seeing as we got home late, and it was the closer than her apartment. We sat on my couch eating cereal ''So what exactly happened yesterday, and how can you dance like that?'' Laurel asked, taking a spoonful of the cereal into her mouth. ''I don't know.. It was so weird, seeing them after all these years.. Both Michael and Luke looked so shocked to see me'' I chuckled ''Well, can you blame them? You looked gorgeous'' She said ''Oh so now i'm just ugly.. Gee thanks'' I joked ''Yeah, you ugly as hell bitch'' Laurel said back, laughing while she did so.

''Oh i just realised something'' She said, looking all serious and such ''Well, what is it?'' I asked ''When you danced with Luke.. It was like that scene from beauty and the beast! The magical moment ended, when something came in between you'' She said, making me laugh ''Laurel, what the actual fuck.. That's just weird'' I told her ''No it's so romantic.. Think about it''

Okay she was right, it was a magical moment, it sure as hell felt like it. And then it all just stopped, but i'm glad it did. Or else it would just be even more awkward with Liz at work..

 ''Hey which of them did you kiss back in high school?'' Laurel asked me ''Um.. It was Michael, that time he followed me home'' I said as i ate some more. ''Oh yeah that's right.. Then it was Luke you almost kissed right?'' She said, ''Yeah... Where are you going with this?'' I asked, not understanding her. ''Oh nowhere, it must be weird.. For you, and for them'' She said, getting back to her food. ''It's been so many years, i don't think theres anything to be weird about anymore''I told her. I got up and held the rest of the milk out in the sink.

But it was weird, they both had acted so weird towards me at the event. I didn't see Michael for the rest of the evening, it was like he disappeared after we saw each other. He was just gone. I took my bowl and placed it in the dishwasher along with my spoon.

It was already five in the afternoon. We got up around two, since we came home so late. We spent most of the night talking until we fell asleep, that's probably why we woke up so late. ''Hey Liz is texting you'' Laurel yelled from the living room, i walked in and took my phone.

From Liz: Hello darling, i wanted to invite you over for dinner tonight

''What did it say?'' Laurel asked me, getting up so she could look at my phone too ''She wants me to have dinner at her house..'' I said ''Yeah, haven't you done that before?'' She asked looking weird at me ''Yes i have, but i think Luke is there. And probably the other guys as well..'' I trailed off ''So what, if you say no she will think something is wrong'' I guess Laurel had a point ''I can drop you off, i have to drive home anyway'' She said ''Thanks.. I'm just gonna go get some clothes on then'' I chuckled, then wrote a quick reply to Liz.

To Liz: That sounds great, i'll be over in a bit

I walked into my room, putting on a dress since i didn't want to wear jeans. Did a quick makeup, and put on my sneakers. Then we were on our way to Liz, the drive to her home was a little long, seeing as she lived a bit outside the city. It was more private out there ''I don't even know why you wanted to drive me here..'' I said as i looked over at Laurel ''Because, then someone has to drive you home'' She smirked as she focused on the road. ''Laurel, why in the world..'' I began ''Because, you need to get laid'' She said ''Seriously, Laurel. That's not gonna happen, i'm just calling a cab when i need to go..'' I said to her, i mean what was she thinking.

We got to the house, it was a big house. But very welcome and warm, i had been here many times before. Sometimes Liz would invite me with her home, so she could make sure i got a proper meal. Other times when the studio was closed during the holidays, we would work at her house. There were times she invited me over when her family was gathering, but i didn't want to intrude. This felt like a second home to me, i was always welcome here, no matter what.