Chapter 19

TW: Mention of blood

Meanwhile

Virgil was still in the basement contemplating life. He was still absolutely heart broken after what had just happened. At first, he wanted to refuse to admit that it was real and that it was actually all his imagination but as time slowly ticked on and the blood continued to ooze out of his skin, he realised that this was real. There was no denying it.

Suddenly, the creak of the door slowly being pushed open caught his attention. Immediately realising that it was either Deceit or Depression, he forced himself to keep his head low as he stared at the floor. Stared at the book of blood beneath him. He didn't even bother to look up when Roman's unconscious body was tossed onto the floor in front of him.

"Looks like you've got some company" Deceit grinned wickedly. He noticed that Virgil was refusing eye contact with him so he viciously grabbed his chin and forced him to look up at him. Although Virgil tried to look back down, he just had no energy left so decided to give up and do as Deceit forced him to up. "Look up when you are spoken to!" Deceit spat in Virgil's face before dropping it again and moving into the darkness of the other side of the room.

Deceit returned soon after with some chains in hand, ready to chain Roman to the pole that had once restrained Patton. However, just as he propped Roman against the pole, the door swung the door open and Depression strutted in with Logan flung carelessly over his shoulder. He kicked the door shut behind him. However, as soon as he saw Deceit struggling to tie an unconscious Roman up, he threw Logan across the room and ran over to Deceit.

"De what the heck do you think you're doing?!?" Depression snapped. "If you do it like that, it's gonna take forever. Here, let me do it" Pushing Deceit out of the way, Depression clicked his fingers and like magic, well actually by magic, Roman was bound to the pole with chains. "There. Much easier. Now for the nerd" Smirking, he strolled over to where Logan was, pushing Deceit out of his way again, and clicked his fingers once more, causing a cold, metal pole to appear with Logan's unconscious body bound to it just like Roman and Virgil.

"You were back quick darling" Deceit commented, his hand slowly creeping around Depression's waist. Depression slowly turned to face him, placing his own hand on Deceit's waist. "How did you do that so quickly?" Deceit asked in utter confusion and amazement.

"Oh it was easy really. All I had to do was knock on the door to get him to come out. And once he did, a simple punch up the nose knocked him right out. Much more effective than using chloroform" Depression smirked.

"So, what now?" Deceit asked.

"Now, we wait. Wait for them to wake up. Then the real fun can begin" Depression flashed an evil, unsettling grin in Virgil's direction, causing him to shudder. "In the meantime, let's leave poor little Anxiety here with his "friends"" He mocked Virgil and with another click of his fingers, both him and Deceit had disappeared.

Virgil's eyes darted between Logan and Roman, both of them still unconscious and showing no sign of waking up any time soon. Sharp tears prickled in Virgil's eyes until he could no longer hold them as they just came flooding down his face. Oh how he wished Patton was here right now.