Chapter 10

Present time

"Wow that was such a touching and heart warming story" Deceit slowly clapped his hands and commented sarcastically.

"Virgil, is that true?" Patton asked, edging away from Deceit and closer to Virgil.

"Yeah. Sorry for not telling you sooner Pat" Virgil looked down to the floor guiltily. 

"It's fine. I get it"

"Y-you do?" Virgil looked up, hope glimmering in his eyes.

"Of course! You thought that we wouldn't accept you if we knew that you were a dark side but that's not true! I'll love you no matter what!"

"Really?"

"Yes! Of course! Besides, you sacrificed everything for me, twice. I saw the note Deceit wrote before I...you know...was knocked out"

"Thank you Pat" Virgil softly smiled.

"Of course! And...um...I'm sorry for what you saw when you woke up"

"It's fine" Virgil giggled slightly. "Besides, I blame Deceit not you. Come here"

Throwing his arms open wide, Patton tried to run towards Virgil to squeeze him in a hug. However, he felt something holding him back and he couldn't move. Then, he felt himself being lifted into the air and something squeezing his neck, making it hard for him to breath. Looking behind him, he saw Deceit holding him by the back of his cardigan, the sleeves suffocating him.

"Patton!" Virgil yelled as tears ran down his cheeks.

"L-le-et...me-e...go-go...ple-le-ea-ease" Patton begged as he struggled to breath.

"If you insist" Deceit smirked as he threw Patton across the floor as he fell at the base of the pole he was previously tied to, his head hitting it and aching as if it was on fire.

"Patton!" Virgil yelled, more pain in his voice than before. 

Patton quickly scrambled to his feet as he looked at Deceit, pain and betrayal in his eyes. "You..you lied to me" His voice sounded hurt and broken.

"My name is Deceit. What do you expect?" Deceit chuckled.

"You said I could trust you. That I was safe with you. That you loved me and always have"

"Well they're not all lies. I truly do love you"

"Then why did you hurt me, again and again? Why did you threaten to torture me?"

"I never would have. That was another lie. I could never hurt you my dear. I love you"

"If you love me then why did you date Virgil and break his heart? If you love me then why did you date someone else?" Patton asked, his voice breaking with tears that spilled down his cheeks.

"Because, I had to distract myself from all the pain you made me feel. But after all this time, I still love you. Truly, I do"

"Hold on, what the heck is going on here?" Virgil asked, truly confused.

"Well, do you want to tell him or should I?" Deceit asked.

"Tell him what?" Patton asked, pretending to act confused when in reality, he knew exactly what Deceit was saying.

"Don't play dumb with me!" Deceit snapped. "Tell him about your past. Or should we just keep him in the dark for even longer?!?"

"I suppose I should tell him" Patton took in a deep breath. "After all, he deserves to know"