Chapter 11

Hey guys. Simular to chapter 9, this chapter will use flashbacks, although there are no dates in these flashbacks. So once again, I will be using this symbol to differentiate the different flashbacks *. Also, all these flashbacks take place before Virgil was created. Oh and this chapter will also be quite long. Finally, I know the time lines don't particularly add up if you properly think about it so please don't. I know it may get a bit confusing so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Anyways, enjoy.

As Patton told Virgil everything that he should have told him a while ago, these events replayed in his mind. It was like he was watching a movie, except he really didn't want to watch it. He did not want to relive that part of his life, yet he had no choice.

Patton's POV

Flashback

My eyes slowly fluttered open as they darted around the room I was in. It was empty except from a single mirror and the dark grey lights shining down on me. Curiously, I stood to my feet and strut over to the mirror, admiring my reflection. My brown hair was neat and slicked back. I wore a deep, dark blue t-shirt underneath a dark grey cape. But my most prominent features were the blue and grey swirls marked onto the right side of my face and one grey eye, contrasting to the other hazel brown eye. I looked so...evil. So dark. Smirking, I realised that's exactly what I'm meant to be. It suddenly hit me who, or what I was. I was depression, in particular a man called Thomas's depression. I was an aspect of his personality, a dark aspect. With a wide grin on my face, I decided that I should introduce myself to my host.

As I swung the door open, I was greeted by someone with a bright, warm smile on his face, his hair messy and ruffled. He wore dark blue denim jeans and a bright green jumper/ sweater. "Hey!" He waved excitedly before holding his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Honesty, but my real name is Eric. You can call me either name if you want" His enthusiasm was so nauseating at first so I just tried to push past him.

"I'm depression. Now, move out of my way. I want to meet my new host" 

"Um...I wouldn't do that if I were you" He stepped in front of me, blocking my way.

"Why not?" I growled through gritted teeth.

"Well, the other two sides have been talking about how this new side is set to arrive and how he is going to be...well...they say that he's going to be a "dark side" and I think that's you"

"So?"

"Well, they seem to already hate the idea of a dark side without even meeting you. If you introduce yourself then they'll probably hate you even more and be absolutely horrible to you. I mean, you shouldn't hide away forever, that wouldn't be honest, but just for a while. Try to get used to your surroundings first and being here before you decide to introduce yourself"

"Great. So I'm just supposed to stay here and be lonely?" I asked.

"I could keep you company" He suggested.

"Ew no. I'll be lonely thanks"

His expression immediately dropped as he began to walk away, sadness in his eyes. "Oh okay"

"Wait!" I called after him, causing him to sharply turn around. "I was...joking. You can come in"

"Really!" His eyes lit up.

"I don't see why not" I shrugged and he immediately ran towards me, squeezing me in a tight hug and causing me to tense up.

"Thank you" He smiled.

*

I had been a side for a few months now but the only person who knew about me was Eric (Honesty). We hung out a lot and I started to really enjoy his company, more than I probably should have. He made me feel butterflies in my stomach and made my heart melt. But surely I couldn't, or shouldn't feel like that. I was supposed to be evil and not feel this way, especially not towards a light side. Yet I did.