Chapter 22

As the whip came crashing down towards Deceit, he held his hand out and ripped it from Depression's hands.

"Give that back!" Depression growled.

"No" Deceit stated firmly. "I didn't bring you back to torture the other sides. I brought you back because I love you and I wanted to spend more time with you. I was so desperate for love, so desperate for you, that I was willing to do anything to gain that, even harm others. But that's not what I want. What I want is you"

Depression stared at him in disbelief for a few seconds before chuckling. "Did you honestly think I loved you? Pathetic"

"B-but you said..."

"You're Deceit. I thought you knew a lie when you heard one. I lied to you to get you to help me. I've never loved you and never will. There's no room in my empty heart for love" Depression sneered.

"But Eric, you loved him" Tears were threatening to spill down Deceit's face but he had to stay strong. He couldn't cry. He wasn't supposed to cry. That wasn't in his nature.

"I was younger then. Less mature. I know better now. Especially after being gone for so long. I've come back darker and stronger than ever before. Now give me back my whip!" He launched towards Deceit but Deceit swiftly moved out of the way.

"What's the point of all of this?" Deceit asked. "Why are you doing this?"

"Simple. I want to break all the sides. Break them beyond repair. That way, they'll loose their functions within Thomas and Thomas will be just Depression...and Deceit I suppose if you're willing to help. So, what do you say? Are you gonna help me?"

Deceit thought about this offer for a few moments. He didn't exactly want to help Depression, not after he just grabbed his heart and threw it on the ground, shattering it into a million tiny peices. But did he really have a choice?

"Deceit, don't do this!" Virgil pleaded. "You don't have to do this!"

"What other choice do I have?" Deceit asked before turning to Depression. "I'll help you"

"Excellent" Depression smirked. "Keep torturing the others. I have to check on Thomas" As Deceit nodded, Depression, swiftly left, locking the door behind him.

The others turned to Deceit, fear flickering in their eyes as he lifted the whip high above his head.

Sorry that was so short. I wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoyed it