Chapter 6

"What does it say?" Roman asked curiously.

"J-just read i-it" Virgil stuttered as he handed the note over to Roman, his hands shaking uncontrollably. As Roman's eyes darted across the page, Logan reading it over his shoulder, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped.

"Oh my gosh! This is terrible! Virgil, I'm so sorry" He placed his hand on Virgil's shoulder in an attempt to reassure him.

"Th-thanks Roman" A few tears trickled down Virgil's cheek but he quickly wiped them away, refusing to show weakness.

"What are we going to do?" Roman asked.

"I guess th-there's o-only one thing t-to do. I have t-to do w-what the n-note says"

"Virgil, are you really sure that this is reasonable?" Logan asked him. "Surely this isn't the best option"

"Yeah but i-it's the only option. W-what else c-can I d-do?"

"I'm sure we can think of a way around this" Logan told him.

"W-we don't have much time though" Virgil quickly glanced at the clock on the wall. 12:55. "I-I only have 5 m-minutes" he gasped. "I have to g-go now or Patton might be dead b-by the time I get there. Just please do one thing for me" he turned to the others, sadly smiling.

"Of course. What do you need?" Roman asked.

"Please just stay w-with Thomas, make sure he's safe. I have a f-feeling that whatever Deceit has in mind won't be good for Thomas"

"Okay. We'll keep an eye on him. Just please be safe Virgil. We can't loose you" Roman looked at him, sadness brimming his eyes. Virgil said nothing and just left, heading towards Deceit's room.

"I hope he'll be okay" Roman said softly.

"I'm sure he will be Roman" Logan placed his hand on Roman's shoulder. "But in the meantime, we should probably check on Thomas" As Roman nodded, the two sunk down to go and check on Thomas.

Meanwhile

Virgil had reached Deceit's room and just being outside sent a chill down his spine though he tried to stay calm. He couldn't hear any screaming from inside so maybe Patton was okay. Even so, Virgil knew that he had to do this. He had to save Patton, the love of his life. Taking in a deep breath of chilling air, he knocked on the door. The door immediately creaked open and Deceit stood there with an evil grin on his face.

"Ah Anxiety. Such a pleasure to see you again" he hissed out.

"Where's Patton?" Virgil asked bluntly, crossing his arms.

"You're not even going to say hello?" Deceit smirked.

"Where's Patton?" Virgil repeated himself.

"Oh, you'll see him soon" Smirking, Deceit took out a large black frying pan and as he darkly chuckled, he swung it at Virgil's head.

The floor beneath Virgil seemed to sway from side to side before his eyes closed and the whole world around him dissapeared into darkness.