Chapter 18

Hey guys. So before we begin, I just wanna quickly ask if y'all could check out my previous A/N, which will be the last one I promise, and vote on one of the story ideas (all explained in the A/N). It will literally only take about a minute, probably less, and will really help me so thank you in advance. And thank you to everyone who has already voted. I am so greatful for all of your votes as each one really helps me know what sorts of things y'all want to read. Anyways, enough rambling. Let's get onto the chapter. Enjoy

Meanwhile

Logan and Roman were in Thomas's room, ensuring that he was okay. Everything seemed to be going fine; they had just been talking and giggling and playing games as if they were old friends, which they kinda were. But suddenly, something changed. Something seemed different about Thomas. In the middle of one of their games, he just started staring at the wall emotionlessly for no apparent. This sent Logan and Roman into an immediate panic, although they were very good at concealing it.

"Thomas? Is everything okay bud?" Roman asked, attempting to maintain a calm tone.

"You good fahm?" Logan asked him. Their questions were followed by a long, drawn out silence that lasted forever, setting them both on edge.

"Thomas!" Roman snapped as he waved his hand in front of Thomas's face, causing him to snap out of whatever he was in and turn to face the two.

"Huh?" Thomas asked cluelessly.

"Is everything okay?" Logan queeried. "You kinda just zoned out there for a second"

"I dunno" Thomas shrugged. "I guess I'm just not feeling it"

"Feeling what?" Logan interrogated him even more, both confused and curious. "And if you say motivated, you know full well that we've already worked out your motivation issues on multiple occasions"

"I'm just not really feeling anything. It's like there's a hole in my heart. A cavity. Or like my heart's not even there. There's no love in me any more. I'm all alone" Thomas told them, sounding like an angsty teenager.

Logan and Roman immediately exchanged glances with one another, silently communicating.

"Thomas, could you excuse us for a moment please. Roman and I have some urgent matters to discuss privately" Logan stood to his feet ready to leave the room. Roman mimicked his actions.

"Sure. Leave me just like everyone else in my life. Leave me out of your important conversation. I'm not important enough to be included anyway" Attempting to ignore Thomas's comments, Roman followed Logan outside into the corridoor, carefully shutting the door behind him so that Thomas couldn't hear their conversation.

"Hmm this is very peculiar indeed" Logan placed his fingers on his chin, rubbing it in thought. "One moment Thomas was fine and the next, he was acting like an angsty teenager. Something is definitely wrong"

"Yeah no shi-" Roman began before gaining a disapproving glance from Logan causing him to quickly and awkwardly change his word. "-ooot Sherlock"

"What could be the cause of this though is what? That's what I'm pondering about?"

"Geez you act like you know everything one but for a smart person, you can be rather thick sometimes" Roman commented, gaining nothing more than an eye roll from Logan. "Isn't it obvious? Deceit has done something horrible to Patton! That's why Thomas has no emotion! Patton was the core of Thomas's emotions!" Roman explained frantically, panic increasing with every word.

"But I thought Virgil was going to save him"

"Well he obviously failed...or was too late"

"What do you suggest we do then seeing as you think you're so smart now?"

"You stay with Thomas and make sure nothing else happens and I'll look for Patton and Virgil" Logan nodded and head back into Thomas's room as Roman head down the corridoor towards Deceit's room, where he knew Virgil was last, his sword drawn. "Time to kill me a snake" he mumbled to himself before kicking the door open to reveal...nothing. Confused and curious, Roman stepped further into the room, tightly grasping onto his sword. "Show yourself you snake!" He yelled, attempting to sound courageous but coming off as cowardly.

Suddenly, he felt ice cold hands on his shoulders. Feeling tense, he sharply turned around but no one was there. That was when someone from behind him slapped a cloth over his mouth. He tried to scream as the strange smelling liquid slowly crawled up his nose.

"Night night Princey" the figure's smooth yet eerie voice whispered.

Before he could fight, he felt his limbs grow weak as his sword fell to the floor. No matter how much he tried to force them open, his eyelids shut tightly and he finally fell, the figure behind him catching him.

"Nice work Deceit" Smirking, a figure emerged from the shadows, a figure that soon turned out to be Depression.

"Thanks" Deceit grinned, Roman's unconscious body still lying in his arms.

"Now take little princey here to the basement so he can rest." Depression grinned, his grin able to send shivers down anyone's spine and make them feel completely uneasy, well everyone except Deceit, who returned the grin as he nodded. "I've got a braniac to catch"