Chapter 24

It wasn't long before the lock clicked and the handle was pushed downwards. Deceit was ready. Deceit was prepared. Prepared for the worst. Hiding the rope and black wristband behind his back, Deceit stood there with a blank expression on his face as the door swung open.

In the doorway stood Depression, his lips curled and his arms crossed. "So, did you do as I asked?" Deceit nodded in confirmation but that was a lie. As Depression glanced over Deceit's shoulder to check that Deceit was being truthful, Deceit saw this as his perfect opportunity. He took the black wristband out from behind his back.

"Where are-" Depression was interrupted by Deceit harshly slapping the wristband on his wrist. Shocked and confused, he looked down at his wrist and began to tug at the wristband, desperate to get it off. "The heck?!? What did you do?" He snarled

"That won't work" Deceit smirked.

"I'll ask you once more. What did you do?" His teeth were gritted and his voice was gradually growing more and more agitated.

"It's a little something I made years ago for when my fellow dark sides were acting up. It takes away your magic" Deceit explained and Depression growled deeply. "Don't worry. The effects are only temporary. Giving me just enough time to set things right"

"Set things right? What are you talki-" Yet again, Depression was interrupted. Deceit forcefully grabbed his arm and threw him across the room, causing him to hit a pole, sliding down it. As Depression tried to pull himself to his feet, the ropes Deceit previously hid came flying towards him, wrapping tightly around him and binding him to the pole. Depression attempted to use his magic but just like Deceit had told him, it didn't work. "What now?" Depression asked. "You gonna kill me?"

Deceit shook his head. "I couldn't bring myself to do that. Besides, if I kill you, there's no way Patton will come back and the whole point of this is to bring him back"

"Well I hate to break it to you sweet heart," Depression teased, gaining an eye roll from Deceit, "but there's no way he's coming back"

Confident that he was safe from Depression, Virgil finally stepped out from the darkness, shaking slightly. "How exactly are we gonna bring him back?" Virgil asked.

"Oh we aren't gonna bring him back" Deceit turned towards Virgil. "You are"

"Me? But I don't have any magic. It all dissapeared once I became a light side. I can't bring him back!" Virgil started to panic.

"Of course you can. You have the most powerful magic of all...love"

"Love?!?" Deceit nodded.

"Yes. Love. Have you not read any fairytales? True love can solve any problem"

"But those are just stories. This is real life!"

"Are they?" Deceit winked. "Tell me, do you truly love Patton?"

"Yes. Of course I do. With all my heart. I'd sacrifice my life for him"

"Then kiss him"

"But he's gone. How can I kiss him?"

"Not entirely. A small part of him is still hidden inside of Depression. Kiss him and Patton should come back" Virgil nodded and slowly ambled towards Depression.

"Ew" Depression gagged. "I don't want his filthy lips on my-" He was interrupted by Virgil pressing his soft lips against his.