Chapter 36 Fishing

A/N: Hello all! Thank you to all those who have read :) and welcome to all of the newcomers to the story. Here's the next chapter.

Empress

The alarm went off on Monday morning, and I cursed and slammed the button. Usually, I would turn the alarm off and sleep, but Iko and Rosa wouldn't be here. They are off to one of the vacation islands on their honeymoon. Morgana and I were tasked to cook for the rest of us here left.

Sitting up, I glanced at my old room. The loft hadn't changed too, but it was cleaned and maintained. Why do places change so little when the individuals who stayed there grow?

I needed to get down from the loft. I glanced over my room and spotted the chair where I hanged the mysterious girl's coat. I hadn't known what to do with it when I had reached the loft and figured I would set it aside and think about it tomorrow morning.

It's been almost a month now though. I still don't know what to do with it.

When I arrived at the kitchen area, the coffee pot was bubbling. Someone was already awake and I walked over to it with my cup, wondering if I can share some with the one who made it.

"Morning Empress."

I jumped at the sudden greeting and turned around, "H-hello, Kaylor. Are you okay? You look like hell."

As tedious and routinely my existence unfolded in Puerto Princesa, as wild and adventurous proved to be Kaylor's.

Kaylor yawned widely. She still looked cute in doing so. I bet she hasn't changed her habits in years.

"I have a splitting headache, actually," Kaylor said, carrying two cups to the counter and filled both. "Morgana's worst, she's wasted. I guess you're going to cook for us this morning."

I felt as if my heart was tugged out.

"You guys party too hard. Oh well, she's so lucky to have you." I said, doing my best to compliment.

That was when Kaylor stared at me funny. "YOU SAID YOU'VE MOVED ON! GOD, HAVE YOU BEEN HURTING THIS WHOLE TIME?"

Oh no, wait. She's horrified.

I spread my arms out as if it helps to block out the noise. "Shh... don't shout, some people are still asleep; didn't you say Morgana has a hangover?"

"EMPRESS! I KNOW YOU WOULDN'T TALK TO ME ABOUT FEELINGS BUT YOU NEED TO VENT IT OUT TO SOMEONE OKAY?"

"Kaylor chill!" I frantically waved my arms.

It took me a while before I could calm Kaylor down and proceed to cook everyone some breakfast.

When everyone was fed and taken care of, I went back to my room. My thoughts strayed back to the mysterious girl who fascinated me.

There really wasn't anything that would help me as far as figuring out who the owner was, and I sat down at the table across from it, sipping my coffee.

I couldn't just keep some strange girl's jacket.

Who was she? My brain started to wander a bit. Who had she been running from? Her casual clothes told me that she was either dressed for comfort or easy movement. She could have been running from an estranged ex, or an overzealous lover. She could have been on the run from some sort of criminal, or a secret agent in a hurry to stop a disastrous crime.