Chapter 26 Dance

KAYLOR

The dreadful week has come—the first week of June. Tonight's the last night before morning where everyone is supposed to leave to their respective countries and return here for another summer. But even if they will return, we will still miss each of the club activities. And we aren't even sure if there's the next summer. If Mr. Ainsley won't be too busy or is still generous enough to sponsor most of our events or to even facilitate the club.

So, our solution, we make the most of it then continue to our college.

Accordingly, the party was on the beach of the Isla Pandao Day Resort. Mr. Ainsley had rented a van to take all of us including Rosa to the beach.

"Are you not coming with us, sir?" I asked as soon as everyone had gotten inside.

"No, I'm so sorry dear, I have to drop by to a friend because I'm bringing her to the party." He smirked, knowingly.

"Ah, a special friend, sir?" the driver asked from the driver's window.

"Yes," his smirk grew wider; his eyes twinkled in mischief, "So special."

I watched him as he went back inside the loft. I can't help but think that he was hiding something-something that he wants to make me curious and know. I brushed the thought away. At that, I ride the van.

I sat between Empress and Morgana while Rosa sat next to the driver and Iko and Jeon sat on the way back. Along the ride, I can't help but feel suffocated by the stares the two girls were giving me.

They were dressed fashionably for the occasion and they made me wear shorts and a see-through white blouse for the sake of just having a shirt to show everyone my black bra underneath. This wasn't my style. Call me a prude, hey I was brought up this way.

So Morgana was a bit daring, wearing a sexy two-piece underneath her peach-colored see-through dress while Empress was clad in high-waisted shorts, and a blouse, a brown clutch, and a ray ban.

When the van stopped, the door at Morgana's side opened and we stepped out into the cold air. Behind me walked the boys who were dressed in Hawaiian clothes.

When we reached the beach ground, the place was already crowded. A lot of people kept walking around, carrying barbecues, drinks, and either neon bracelets. A parade of women and men with colorful clothes marched along the crowded sand, dancing to the music of a local band, drinking in the open bar, eating dinner in the snack bars and food laid out in the corner, or maybe listening to the open program. As Rosa said, her coworkers were there as waiters who were also allowed to have fun so long as they don't get too drunk to serve their jobs.

I could smell the scent of barbecue smoke and the ocean thick in the air.

We ate; we drank coconut juice and shakes and danced to the blasting music with the people. All of us had grown on all the fun at the party that we almost lost track of time.

Morgana was so bossy; she usually was the one who told us what we should be doing. Should we dance, should we eat, should we mingle, should we take group photos; however, mostly, Morgana was so clingy. So to get me some space, I retreat towards either the boys or to Empress. But then, Morgana would wrap her arms around my other arm while Empress was holding my other one. I'm sure people think that we were inseparable friends, but I'm quite sure the boys and Rosa know that Morgana and Empress are mortal frenemies.