Chapter 35 Wedding

A/N: Hello dear readers! Empress SHORT story is here! It will only consist of 3 chapters. Please continue to let me know your thoughts. You can see how different my writing has become.

Empress

I stood at the line just outside the Puerto Princesa airport waiting to get a taxi. It's been an hour ever since I landed and I was still feeling jetlagged even if I had slept most of the flight.

The place was still the same in five years. It still emitted the same dread and nostalgic feeling when I was 19. Now I can't help but feel apprehensive about the reunion.

But it's been years, I'm sure I've gotten over my unrequited love for Kaylor.

I've been here in this line far too long so I know I'm running late. I should be there by now.

Personally, I liked taking taxis. It's super fast when you're not in a crowded city, but this city's traffic area might just be the same as Manila (famous for the city's unreasonable traffic) when I'm on a time limit.

I could have ridden a tricycle—what the locals call a three-wheeled vehicle—or maybe a jeepney, but my luggage would totally kill the spaces of those overcrowded and small-spaced vehicles. I wouldn't want to be that killjoy foreigner.

Then again, I glanced at my watch slightly. Why yes, traveling around was actually fun when I'm not dreading the fact that I'll be late. I can't enjoy the view, even if the place hasn't changed in years.

Part of the reason why I enjoyed sightseeing was that I liked watching people, making up stories in my head about their stories and where they were going. There were so many different kinds of people in airports and tourist destinations. There were new sets of people every day, and my creative imagination would run wild.

There were a lot of people in this particular area.

Checking my watch again, I figured I had two minutes until I'm officially late. Pulling my bags and luggage tighter to me, I started to look for a way to get out of here and maybe find my luck out on the street just to get a stray cab.

Before I could take a step, I felt a hand grab my shoulder, and I jumped. Looking down, my eyes fell on a local woman. Her gaze upon mine was intense and my thoughts immediately wavered. Her eyes were the color of tree barks, but maybe I'm just exaggerating it because she's so attractive. Her wavy hair was slightly longer than mine but it was brown, like her eyes.

When I landed in the country, I had to remove my jacket and shirt to put on a sleeveless dress just so I can feel fresh, but this girl was so used to the weather that she's rocking a black coat in the summer with its collar upturned.

Even though she was a couple of inches shorter than me, she was slightly intimidating; her hand gripped my shoulder so tightly that I couldn't pull away. I frowned, "Um, excuse me; you're going to leave a mark."

"Play along." She said with a different accent I wasn't used to. "I'm being followed."