Chapter 4 Camera

EMPRESS

It was three in the afternoon when Jeon and I finished our shoot. I was looking for Kaylor. I wanted to go out, driving my car today, and wondered if I can interest her to join me at the local festival. She'd be the best tour guide around. I spotted the shorter girl unlocking her room while carrying what maybe leftovers from their food photography.

"Kaylor, do want to go for a drive?" I asked with a smile hoping she would say yes. "You know -see the summer extravaganza celebrated along the shores of beautiful the bay before dinner? I heard that there's a whole range of activities kicks off with a parade and an impressive fireworks display during the first week of April."

Kaylor looked up and saw me leaning on the wall beside her. "Oh, you mean the Pangalipay sa Baybay." she sighed. "I'd love to but I can't. I'm hanging out with Morgana because she'll help me how to use the manual setting." She said.

I hope she didn't catch the look of disappointment on my face. I don't want to appear as a whiny and clingy person to her. I was about to suggest that I would gladly offer my help instead when Morgana walked towards us.

"If you made me wait for more than five minutes, I'm locking my room. Bring your luggage to your room and hurry up." Morgana said before she walked past us without even acknowledging me and went to her room.

As soon as she was out of sight, I asked rather disbelievingly. "Morgana will tutor you? What had gotten into her? Was she possessed or something? Morgana Cross never offered to tutor anyone before. That stuck-up girl will never do anything like this. What's going on between you guys, eh?"

"Err... we ah, um-we sort of in good terms now," Kaylor replied uneasily as she opened her door and placed her luggage inside by the small refrigerator.

I eyed her doubtfully. "Yeah, and I was born yesterday and the crows flying outside are white."

She slowly locked her door, refraining from closing so fast. "Um, I have to go now. Enjoy the festival and I will - see you later." Kaylor bid me a hasty retreat and disappear to Morgana's room.

Well, that was weird. If Kaylor needed help in the manual settings why didn't she come and ask me? I thought we are friends now? Why did she go to Morgana instead? I sure that I am smarter than Morgana, and why on earth would Morgana agree to tutor Kaylor?

I thought they hate each other? I didn't like the thought that she prefers Morgana's company to mine.

Wait, what was I thinking? Kaylor is free to spend her time with anyone she wants. Why am I being possessive? I was tempted to eavesdrop from the door but quickly changed my mind.

Still confused, I walked back inside my room.

KAYLOR

"Oh, how could you be so stupid?" Morgana had her arms crossed, quickly losing patience.