Chapter 27 Karma

CALLIANA

I waited till all the other people in the loft left in the van until I laid comfortably on the couch and turn the TV on. Such marvelous works of fiction humans seem to enjoy themselves for entertainment. I used the remote to change channels until I can find something interesting. I'm disgusted by the idea that I can only entertain myself with this because I'm bored with all the books in the basement.

"Let's get you all dressed up too, Calliana," Maochlannsen said when he entered through the door.

I frowned, "For what?"

"Oh come on, I'm throwing a beach party, you've seen it loads of times before. Isn't it time for you to be in one and indulge yourself?"

I cringed at his idea. The idea of watching TV till midnight sounded more appealing to me. "No," I said as I saw a channel. Animal discovery, they were doing a special about Marine Biologists and their care for marine life.

"Come on, Calliana. Don't you think it's a good way to watch me? Up close and your job will be easier."

"No," I said. I'm more interested in watching this. This is Kaylor's life work besides photography.

"Come on, don't worry. The humans wouldn't recognize you, plus! The girl you saved will be at that party!"

My eyes widened. Kaylor will be there?

"That seemed to interest you, I wonder why." He said.

"What do you wear on that occasion?"

"Dresses of course," he grinned.

I made a face. He knew too well that I had grown to love shorts and T-shirts, not that so-called dress and bikinis.

* * *

"Kaylor," my tongue kept forming to say her name. It seems the muscle in my mouth was enchanted to always say her name. I'm fixated on her, I can tell as I watched her in the shadows instead of watching the exiled mershark. I know It was more like stalking, that's because that's what I do with Maochlannsen.

But she was always with those girls. They were both clinging to her like barnacles on a ship. Oh, how I hated barnacles.

"Kaylor," they always call her.

My face twitched a little, disliking the way the word sounds in my ears, I can make simple words like music and it could vibrate Kaylor to the bones, but I brushed it off. I watched them as Rosa, the other child that Maochlannsen had injured leave with the two boys. I followed the girls to a bar, just under the night sky at the edge of the trees.

While they were waiting for their drinks, I decided to observe the other two girls with disdain.

Out of the blue, I recognized the other girl. That's what occurred to me. Yes, it was that girl-Morgana. She has feelings for Kaylor. That is why she was so touchy-feely and seeking her attention. And I quite understand the concept of desire and love from the books I've read that Maochlannsen has provided for me. That other girl also likes Kaylor and the two of them were having a competition.