Chapter 30 Princess

KAYLOR

"Hey Kaylor," the owner of the voice was waving awkwardly at me while Rosa and I were busy watching a movie in the living room.

It had my heart nearly left my body. My jaw dropped, along with Rosa's. "You're still here?" I asked.

Rosa immediately walked over towards Mr. Ainsley to help him with Morgana's luggage as she proceeded to give an explanation why she's still here.

"I've decided I will go to college here, in your school," Morgana said sweetly but one can sense the malicious threat to it. "I'm going with you."

Ack! Why is she following me? She's naturally my omen of bad luck. Things can't be good. Morgana dropped her things by the door, stride over to me, and wrapped her arms around me.

"Morgana..." I warned.

"I know, I know," Morgana said. "You broke my heart, Castillo. And here you were the one who encouraged me to be the one to confess."

I recalled that time that I did. But seriously I meant that advice for Jeon or other people out there. Not me. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I choked.

"It's okay, stupid. I'm Morgana Cross. I don't cry just because of stupid people."

I raised an eyebrow. "No hard feelings?"

"Yes to hard feelings, Castillo." Then she whispered sultrily in my ear. "I'll never forget that I lost to merfolk. People like her should've stayed fictional or underwater. Why did she even rise in the first place?"

"I would've died, Morgana. If she wasn't around that night in the cruise—I would've become—" I stopped myself.

"Become what?"

I knew the secret nearly slipped off my tongue but I try to salvage it."Become death, you know, permanent part of the ocean perhaps!"

Morgana recoiled from me. "That's good of her. But still, she should've stayed underwater!"

"Why are you really here, Morgana?"

At that, she flashed me a Cheshire cat smile. "I want to meet her again. Tell her, won't you, Kaylor. I ask for a real introduction. I won't get drunk, promise."

"You do know I have no way of contacting her, do you?"

"But she can contact you, right?"

"Fine, I'll tell her when she will."

Her face grew a predatory grin. Morgana Cross doesn't look scary anymore. She looks otherworldly and vaguely threatening.

* * *

I was getting ready for my date. With the innate desire to look pretty, I managed to pull off some cute natural look and chose a nice dress that I had to buy from a sale. While I'm at it, I tried forming excuses and great tactics so that I can evade Morgana with whatever routes Calliana and I are going through.