Chapter 10 Lighthouse

JEON

"Did you hear someone scream just now?" Empress asked me after she took a picture on the night with her camera with an extra night lens.

"Huh? No... I didn't hear anythin'. "Maybe it was one of the boys playing pranks on the girls. All for the craic." I replied.

After taking previous pictures, Empress decided it was time to double our paces. We almost arrive at the lighthouse already.

No one is in a rush to reach the lighthouse. I went over to a drawer and took an ID of someone who's stationed there. Poor guy, he must've forgotten it during his last shift. I decided to bring it over as evidence that we got here.

The both of us decided to wait a little Empress was perhaps was wondering where Kaylor and Iko were. The two are nowhere in sight, the same as the other couples.

I was nervous for a while now. Nervous after Kaylor agreed for us to change colors. Kaylor is a great friend. And I hope this will end up good.

With my quickening heartbeat and tingling nerve endings, I stuttered out. "Now then, Empress, I need to tell you somethin'." I was sweating visibly and my heart was beating wildly.

She looked at me curiously. "Yes?"

"Would ye go out with me?" I blurted out quickly. Stroking my neck as a surrogate, now I'm sure my features are red.

We stood there in silence as she was digesting the information. She decided to be honest with me and told me the truth. "Jeon... I—I'm flattered by it. You are an incredibly sweet guy, but I—there's someone I like."

I looked crestfallen at that. I tried to read her expression if she was lying or making up an excuse, but it's genuine. She likes him much. There was color in her cheeks and she was feeling guilty for leading me on.

"Ah now... It's okay. I understand." I smiled at him although there is great pain. "Can we—still stay as friends?"

"Of course, you are a wonderful person Jeon Cavanagh." Empress gave me her million-dollar smile and kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you."

I brightened up at that. "Not a bother." Even though I got rejected, there's nothing I can do about that. She had kissed me and it's enough for me.

KAYLOR

Sleepy eyes slowly opened and a hand slowly crept and slapped the offending alarm clock, sending the unfortunate item stumbling into the floor. A huge yawn went out from my lips. I stretched and grabbed some clean towels from an upper cabinet and let the water running, while I sat on the edge of the tub. It was a hot day, that day, probably the hottest of that summer, but I didn't seem to have taken notice of this fact. I removed my clothing and submerged my small body beneath the water. I leaned my head onto the soft board and let my long hair fall onto my shoulders, slightly moistening the tips.

I slept late last night. Not after the party and even the dare game into the woods but I went to sleep after I made sure Morgana was okay. She was being moody again, it frustrates me. Also, Jeon was unresponsive to me, perhaps it didn't go well. Iko and Empress, on the other hand, chatted with me a bit before heading to bed.