Chapter 25 Rivals

MORGANA

"Arrgh! My brain, my brain, I overworked my brain." Kaylor wailed pitifully at my amused grin.

I looked at the other girl and sighed. Kaylor's head was almost buried in the pile of books, thesis, and papers. We were both in the local library and I was helping the hopeless girl think of a new title.

"Why not we rest for a while and get some snack?" Kaylor suggested brightly ignoring her un-started works.

"Nope, no rest until you managed to get a worthy title for your title defense," I replied. I glared at the cowering girl sitting in the opposite chair. "I swear your brain only has a few kilobytes. So you better make use of that limited memory space."

"That was unnecessary!" Kaylor mocked being offended.

"Come on, a little bit more and I'll let you go." I urged her for the umpteenth time.

The thought of summer ending would mean that the International Photography Club would close and re-open next summer. It had been swimming in my head for quite a while. I was happy that I will be getting into my preferred college and course soon, but the idea of separating from Kaylor made me sick. Days spent with Kaylor were always fun and lively and I didn't want it to end yet.

I realized that there's nothing I could do to change the situation. The facts remained; we were going go to our separate ways. If I can't stop it, at least I can change it... by going to the same college with her here in Manila.

The idea was alluring; we could perhaps share an apartment, and do all sorts of things together. We will take turns to cook dinner, late-night movie watching, grocery shopping, and maybe, just maybe... I could further my intimate relationship with her. I blushed at the fantasy. Anyway, the point was, I wanted a future together with Kaylor.

However, it was easier said than done. The main problem first... Kaylor showed no indication of planning to remake her thesis.

"It's still early. Let's take a break! I want a break..." she croaked out.

"Are you a kid? And if I were you, I would be worried—apprehensive." I admonished.

"It's still too early for me to do this. If I do everything now, I'll probably forget why I did it months later. I've had enough of searching. I'm going to get something to eat." Kaylor stood up from the table.

"Hey wait! We are not done yet!" I grabbed Kaylor's hand.

Is being with me so unbearable?

"You are being pushy... I'm tired and hungry." Kaylor whined.

"Aren't you worried at all about the delay of your graduation? You are hardly prepared! If you didn't graduate, there weren't many high-paying job options available. What are you going to do then?"

"I don't know... get married and have babies?" Kaylor replied.