Chapter 12 Underwater

KAYLOR

I'm underwater again.

This is a dream. If not I'd be drowning. Why would I dream about the sea again? Why does my soul call for the place where I nearly died?

Has the sea claimed me?

I sensed a sudden movement in the current.

Who's that?

Something's definitely swimming around me.

I can't see her face.

She held me by the waist and swam. Her hands and body were sleek like the seals, bringing me somewhere. I was breathing. Or was it because I'm dreaming this that I can breathe just normally? Where is she taking me?

She was singing. It was beautiful like a siren's voice. Like pure music to my ears that got me hypnotized. Like a golden voice echoed like a chiming bell in the cool morning breeze. I could feel the energy surge through my veins.

Am I captive by a siren? Why would she? I'm not a sailor and I'm a woman. I'd understand if the one who captured me was a merman.

After a while, the water was getting shallow and the sand and rocks were getting evident, we were nearing the surface... when suddenly, she pushed me to the shore. It felt like I was a newborn child, greeting the world in the state of birth.

"Soon," she whispered. "You shall see."

* * *

I opened my eyes to the tranquil and serene atmosphere of the familiar room. My throbbing head rested comfortably on a soft pillow as ruptured memories of the dream came back slowly to haunt me. I propped myself up in bed and waited until my blurry surroundings stopped spinning in my vision.

"How..." I croaked. What happened? Was last night's stroll of pleasure just a dream?

Empress sitting by my side, sleeping soundly, "Kaylor," she groaned and stirred awake. "Are you, feeling okay?" she yawned.

"Yes," I said. I should've yawned since it was contagious, but I didn't.

"You just got out of the hospital," Empress answered my unasked questions. "We've informed your family and they're relieved. They asked you to call as soon as you're alright. You've been asleep for 24 hours." She checked the clock and corrected it. "26 hours."

I found a bottle of water by my desk and my throat went dry all of a sudden and Empress handed it to me. My thirst has not been quenched but it's better than before.

"Sorry, for making you worry," I said after wiping my lips.

"You're full of surprises, do you know that?"

"I've been told." I sat back with a sigh. For a moment, I wondered how this made everyone feel, seeing me weak and defeated.

"What about the others?" I asked her in a weak tone.

"You've got everyone worried."

"How'd you know I fell off the boat? Were there security cameras?"

"Morgana and I had the same intuition. And the security cameras just proved us right after calling for help." Empress stood up. "Well then, I'll tell everyone you're up. I'll ask Rosa to bring you breakfast then."