Chapter 7 Team

HANSEN (IKO)

"Wipe that smile off your face, Kovall," I complained to my dear Canadian friend.

Empress had been telling me about what happened on Saturday for the umpteenth now. Each time, her version about how Kaylor saved them became more elaborate and detailed. Like how Kaylor's muscles flexed when she kicked the bad guys or how beautiful Kaylor looked under the hot sun.

"I just can't help myself. I have this wonderful feeling in my stomach that threatens to spill over at any moment." Empress gushed out.

We were sitting in the dining hall eating dinner served by Rosa, the local girl that Mr. Ainsley hired from the local hotel. Just as she was hired to do so, she continued making us breakfast and dinner. She also cleans our rooms if we told her. She was now standing behind the kitchen counter, preparing our breakfast for tomorrow that she'll need to cook. Plus, she can't hear us talk about Empress' infatuation with another girl.

Empress and I were the only people present in the dining hall. Maybe the others decided to skip dinner.

I took a sip from my glass of orange juice and looked at my beaming friend. It was good to see Empress so happy. "So... except for hand-holding did you girls make any progress yet?"

"Well, I will be satisfied with just holding her hands and just being close to her." She said with a dreamy expression.

"Quit being so cheesy, Em, but seriously, have you girls kiss yet? Or do something anything?" I asked, and Empress reddened at the thought.

Of course, she wanted to do more than hold hands with Kaylor but she wasn't even sure about her roommate's sexual orientation yet. They had been really close lately, but Kaylor had never made any advances towards her. All this time, Empress had been the initiator. Sometimes at night when they sleep in each other's room, she had told me that she had this impulse to just kiss the girl senseless. Well, Kaylor might not appreciate that.

"I was the one who always made the first move. She didn't seem to mind but... I don't know." Empress was afraid if she acts too bold, she might misread Kaylor and screw up the whole thing.

"Perhaps you should do it more subtly," I suggested.

"What do you mean?"

"You know," I shrugged. "Create the right atmosphere or scene. You could turn the previous unpleasant event as an opportunity instead."

"There's nothing pleasant about almost being attacked. In fact, that was one of the scariest experiences I had."

"You silly, I what I mean was that, use that traumatic event as an excuse for Kaylor to comfort you."

"Comfort me, like how?"

"Tsk, how naive could you be? I don't know. Get creative. For example, Desi pretends to be cold every time I went out with her so I will lend her my jacket. Or fake being scared when watching a horror movie together. You know... do something that would show that you are vulnerable. Then, take advantage of the situation. Pretend like you have a nightmare or something similar and hopefully, she would offer to hold you as you sleep."