The Call

Chapter 8

The Call

Coast City

John Stewart is the Green Lantern of Sector 2814. He became a Green Lantern when Hal Jordan, the previous Green Lantern became Honor Guard.

John was chasing down a crook that robbed a bank. The crook was driving a Honda Civic and was speeding at 130 MPH.

Green Lantern flew in front of the car. The car kept driving and sent Green Lantern flying towards a building. Green Lantern was okay.

He saw a man with a red suit calling for him, "Hey John!" The man was waving his hands.

"Barry?! I'm busy!" Green Lantern yelled back. Barry Allen is the fastest man alive, The Flash.

"Ok, talk to me when your done!" Flash yelled back.

Green Lantern flew beside the car but the crook whacked him with his gun. John fell to the floor and Barry ran up to him.

"Need help?" Barry asked.

"No," John flew beside the car again just to have the crook hit him again.

"Looks like you do," Flash said. He ran on the passenger side of the car. Flash broke the window and threw the robber out of the car. "You're welcome."

John snorted and put green handcuffs constructs on the unconscious robber.

"What do you want Barry?" John asked.

"Bruce said he needs us." Barry said.

"For what? A lecture?" John asked.

"No, he said he needed us. He needs help defeating the Atlanteans." Barry replied.

"He could handle them, he's handled Superman, I don't see why he can't handle just some foreigners from Atlantis." John said.

"John, he really need us, he talked about the Justice League." Flash said.

"Tell him I didn't come, I want nothing with him." John said.

"Ok, fine." Barry ran off to the Wayne Manor, the place where Bruce wanted everyone to meet.