Defeat

Chapter 6

Defeat

USS Gotham

Superman, Shazam, Wonder Woman, and Kara flew to the USS Gotham to save the sailors on the ship.

When they got to the ship, they saw forty Atlantean Soldiers and Aquaman standing on the ship.

"Stand down! No more lives will be lost today." Superman said.

Aquaman and a man with an odd mask walked past the soldiers. "Ocean Master." Wonder Woman said.

"We will not stand down. All land dwellers must die, they are a cancer to this world." Ocean Master said. Wonder Woman charged at Ocean Master angrily but Ocean Master swung at her face. "Pity. Orin, kill her." Aquaman looked over Wonder Woman holding his trident above her head.

"Arthur, you're not going to do this, you're better than this." Wonder Woman said.

"No, I'm not." Aquaman was about to stab Wonder Woman but Superman used his heat vision to knock Aquaman over.

Atlantean Soldiers jumped on Superman and brought him to the floor. "GET... OFF... OF... ME!" Superman broke through the soldiers. After, Kara used her freeze breath to freeze them.

Shazam threw lightning rods at soldiers that were coming for him. But eventually, they got to him. Shazam fell to the floor struggling to get out.

"Shazam!" Wonder Woman screamed. She went to the soldiers on him and knocked them off the boat, "Arthur, where are the hostages?"

"What hostages, the dead ones?" Aquaman said.

"You, killed them?!" Wonder Woman said.

"Yes, Ocean Master showed me the real me." Aquaman said. "The great and stronger side of me."

"Diana! We need to get out of here, we can't stop the Atlanteans." Superman said.

They fled back to the Batcave in defeat. Aquaman, Ocean Master, and the Atlanteans were too powerful.