Encounter

Chapter 5

Encounter

Metropolis

Billy Batson was walking around Metropolis looking for a place to eat. He walked past a Carls Jr, a Casino, and a Fancy Restaurant. He figured he didn't want to stay at a place for that long so he went to Carls Jr.

When Billy was in front of the door he saw that a crook was trying to steal some money from a clerk and people were on their knees covering their head. The crook pointed a gun at the clerk and told him to hurry up.

"SHAZAM!" Billy yelled. He turned into the mighty Captain Marvel. After he walked inside and the crook looked at Captain Marvel.

"You?!" The crook said. He started to shoot his gun at Shazam/Captain Marvel.

"You'll have to try much hard if you want to hurt me." Shazam said. He pointed his hand at the crook and a lightning rod came out of it and shocked the crook. The crook fell unconscious. Shazam walked up to the clerk, "Did he hurt you?"

"No," the clerk said, she seemed startled, "Would you like anything to eat?"

"Yeah, uh, can I have a Famous Star, to go." Shazam replied.

"Yes sir!" The clerk made a Famous Star and gave it to Shazam.

Shazam started to get out money but the clerk told him it was free for saving her life.

After, Shazam left the fast food restaurant and saw a flying girl in the air. He realized that the girl was wearing Superman's costume. Shazam shoved the whole burger in his mouth and flew to the girl.

"Uh, can you speak English?" Shazam asked.

"Yes, yes I can." The girl said.

"Are you Kara Zor El?" Shazam asked.

"Yes, I am, what do you want?" Kara asked, "If you're like the man with the mask that has pointy ears on it-

"Batman? No, I came here because I need you, there's an invasion that's going to happen on Earth and a man told me that you could help stop this invasion with Kal El." Shazam said.

"Kal El? You know Kal? Where is he?" Kara asked.

"With Batman, I think," Shazam looked down and saw the police.

"Don't worry! She's with me!" Shazam yelled to the policemen, he turned to Kara, "Follow me, I know where he's at." Shazam and Kara flew to the Wayne Manor. Shazam was attracted to Kara, "In here." Shazam rung the doorbell. Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's butler came to the door.

"Billy? I'm assuming your here to see Bruce." Alfred said.

"Yes." Shazam said. Alfred led Shazam and Kara downstairs where they saw Bruce Wayne lying on a medical bed scared and bruised with Superman and Wonder Woman looking over him. "Batman?"

Hearing the name Batman, Kara started charging at Bruce. Shazam stopped her though by holding her down.

"Why is she here?" Wonder Woman pointed to Kara. Kara was getting harder to hold.

"Kara?" Superman said surprised.

"Kal?" Kara replied. Shazam let go. Kara ran up to Superman and hugged him, "You don't know how hard it's been to find you." Kara looked up at Superman, "Look how old you are! I remember when Uncle Jor El announced that you were going to be born!"

"You could speak English?" Superman asked.

"Yes, I learned very fast, the ship I used to get here taught me." Kara said.

"Shazam! Why is she here?!" Wonder Woman said outraged.

"Because, she could help us stop Orm Marius from taking over." Shazam said.

"Who's Orm Marius?" Superman asked.

"Ocean Master, the wicked king of Atlantis. Aquaman must be working for him, he was always loyal to him, even though he's a good person." Wonder Woman said.

"I'm telling you, us five-," Shazam looked at Batman. Batman looked mad and unwilling to help Shazam right now. "Well us four, possibly, can stop him from taking over."

"He's right," Superman said, "If I could stop a whole invasion, imagine what four super powered beings could do."

"You could find that out, soon, Atlantean Soldiers are boarding the USS Gotham wanting to destroy it. There are sailors on the boat so you better hurry." Alfred said.

"Kara, do you know how to use your powers?" Superman asked.

"Yes. I do." Kara replied.

"I need you to help us fight off some soldiers." Superman stated. "Can you?"

"Yes. I can." Kara stated.

"Wait Clark." Batman said.

"What?" Superman asked.

"How do you know she could be trusted?" Batman asked, "She tried to kill me."

"I don't but we're going to need someone as strong as me to help and she's the best shot we've got." Superman replied.

"Fine." Batman snorted.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Kara flew to the USS Gotham in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, to encounter a threat that they couldn't overcome just the four of them.