40: Love and drawn out guns

I finally know EXACTLY what I'm going to do with the rest of the book. ;)

***

Pure bliss. That's what we suddenly had.

After the kiss we spent the whole night together, talking and laying around in the house before ordering food and kissing with Chinese food taste in our mouths. We had been in love for so long that it felt incredible to finally be together.

"I love you, Fay." Clark said once we snuggled into bed.

Giggling at the kisses he pressed to my face I smiled. "Love you too."

"I love your smile. And how determined you sometimes get. How kind you are to everyone."

"I love your laugh and how much you care about the little things. How you listen to everyone." I mumbled. "And... I don't want you to ever let me go."

"I won't. Not for as long as we live." He promised, smiling at the kiss I pressed on the corner of his eye.

I don't think I've ever woke up already smiling.

"Morning." I said when I opened my eyes to see him staring at me. He curled my hair around his finger and gave me a soft kiss.

That day the headlines were painful to see:

'Cheater Queen kisses co-worker.'

'Fay Queen has a side dude.'

'Queen of adultery.'

'Everything you need to know about the Queen love affair.'

'Public kiss but not to the husband.'

'Fay Queen has a lover.'

'Caught in the act.'

It was a dark cloud on our happiness and I am ashamed to admit that the media got to me and I cried in the bathroom.

"It's okay." Clark said once I left the bathroom. "He kept soothing my hair and saying comforting words. "I'm here with you and the opinions of others don't matter."

"I just want away from it all. To go somewhere paparazzi won't follow me and towners don't know who I am. I just want to leave this all behind... I wish I had never moved to Metropolis." I sighed, my head thudding from a headache. "Actually no that's not true... If I hadn't come I wouldn't have met you."

"I would have found you." Clark chuckled.

"Really?"

With a sigh, he mumbled: "I always do."

When I finally felt better Clark said that he wanted to comfort me.

"It's Saturday. Let's do something." He suggested.

"Like what?" I can't exactly be parading around town with the latest news reportings." I rolled my eyes but grabbed my jacket anyway.

"Let's get ice cream, stay out of sight. I'm good at that no one ever notices me." Clark laughed and took my hand pulling me out of the apartment and onto the streets below.

"C'mon people notice you... Well, maybe not at work but at Smallville they do." I said pursing my lips doubting my own words.

"But we aren't at Smallville. So I can do this." Clark said, pulled me to a nearby alleyway and kissed me under the lamppost.

I had always wanted a relationship like this. All my past boyfriends... Well, more like my two previous boyfriends had both been my 'social status' as mom says. Rich guys. Only caring about going to the best nightclubs and walking with me on the red carpet and showing me off to their friends. I always felt like I was an accessory to them. Something to parade around, use for a while and once out of style, throw away. I was never equal.

Maybe Bruce loved me but not enough. If he had loved me truly, he would have stayed home with me and sat by the fire like I wanted instead of going to a club. He would have woken me up with kisses instead of by climbing into the bed loudly and then passing out next to me. He would have supported me when I wanted to do charity work and defended me when I looked bad in the newspapers instead of breaking up with me... He wouldn't have cheated.

This is how I knew Clark's love was real. Instead of comforting me with kisses and then leading me to the bedroom he hugged me and held me tight and talked to me until I felt better. He let me cry when I needed to and held my hand through rough times. He didn't try to speed things up and defended me when I couldn't stand alone but allowed me to sort out my own battles when I needed to so I could feel strong once more. He didn't mind me wearing silly cat shirts or how I yelled during every movie if I got frustrated when the characters made a bad decision. He didn't think that women should stay in the kitchen, embraced the fact that I couldn't cook and tried to teach me when I asked him to.

He didn't want to change anything in me. And I didn't want to change anything in him.

"I love you." I mumbled for the hundredth time in two days.

"You are my world."

I smiled up at him and we started walking along the alleyway again.

When I saw a figure approach us from the opposite direction, wearing a black hoodie, head down so we couldn't see the face I gave Clark a nervous look.

He squeezed my hand and nodded to me, quickly twirling us around so we could walk to the other direction, but two more were blocking that entrance.

"Clark... I think we are going to get mugged." I whispered, chewing my lip and fidgeting nervously.

"Just stay next to me. Hold on tight." He said with a low voice, almost menacing as he looked at the men growing closer, trapping us in. I had never seen him like this... Fearless, ready for battle.

"Clark?"

"Well look what we have here boys." One of the men said once he reached us, pulling down the hoodie revealing a face covered by a ski mask. He must be the leader since the two other men only had bandanas to cover the lower part of their faces.

Laughing the two men spat on our feet: "Looks like lovers with some jewelry."

"Here take it." I said handing out my favorite necklace instantly.

"No." Calrk strongly said, pulling my hand back before the robbers could snatch the golden heart pendant I was trying to sacrifice.

"Clark what are you doing? You are going to get us beat up." I mumbled under my breath, while Clark pushed me towards the wall behind our backs so I was almost entirely behind him.

"No actually, your little boyfriend here is going to get you both shot." The men said, pulling out guns to point at Clark.

"Have at it, you aren't getting anything from us." Clark seethed.

"Clark stop with the hero act and just let me give this to them." I pleaded, my body starting to tremble from fear, but even I had enough sense in my head to not appear too weak and thus I wouldn't cry in front of these men.

"No. You petty thieves have been robbing people for too long on my neighborhood. Should have dealt with you earlier, lucky for you I haven't had time. Unlucky for you it's me you chose to rob." Clark was growling. He was angry in a way I hadn't seen before. In the past times, I had seen him mad, it had been coupled with desperation. This seemed more like revenge fury.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" One of the robbers asked.

"Yeah listen to your pretty little girlfriend."

"Or we'll shoot you both where you stand." One of the goons threatened but was then shoved off by the leader taking a step closer to Clark and pointing the gun straight to his head.

"No... We will shoot you and have some fun with your woman, before killing her too."

"Bitch you thought!-" I started yelling, but too late; Clark had already punched the man in the face.

We are going to die.

***

We are sooooo close to the revelation of Clark's true identity.

ARE YOU READY? Who's excited. What did you think of this chapter? Let's start up a convo in the comments. <3 :)