7. Phone call about the pictures

"Are you okay?" I asked from Clark when he returned.

"Ummm, yeah." He said. He was a little red but still sat down and started working again. "So a new interview?"

"Yeah... I guess so." I mumbled. "So we have to make a contract for all my stories to be exclusive?"

"No you shouldn't do that. That would mean that you can never give interviews to any other paper. You need to tie it to something so that it doesn't restrict you too much." Clark said. He sounded like he was a bit awkward with the situation for some reason.

"Uhhh... Like I will only give articles about Superman to you. So it isn't restricted to the paper. It's just tied to you." I said with a huge smile. I felt really happy about the idea.

I watched as Clark's eyes went wide: "No... That's not what I meant. I mean what id I get fired and have to work for a small paper? You could only give the interviews to me and they would go into said small paper."

"Well I don't care. I don't think I would feel comfortable giving interviews to anyone else." I said and gave Clark a kiss on the cheek before walking towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?" Clark asked and stood up to follow me.

"I'm starving and I forgot to pack my lunch." I said and kept walking.

"Oh please just stay safe!" Clark said sounding a bit desperate.

"C'mon Clark don't worry so much or you will start loosing hair. And anyways I can take care of myself." I said with a smile.

I thought I heard Clark mumble: "No you can't." But I didn't say anything since I didn't want to start a fight.

This time I got lucky. I didn't see any reporters on my way and I tripped only twice on the sidewalk. Soon I was back at the office with hot chinese food.

The interview went the same as last time. I denied all claims of a relationship.

"Is there really nothing? Off records." Clark asked when night came and we were the only ones left at the office.

"What?"

"Between you and Superman? Is there something? Do you... Like him? Is there some unspoken thing between you?" Clark asked silently.

"No... Nothing. And of course I like him. I mean he save my life twice and he makes me feel safe. But I don't like him the way you are implying." I said with a shake of my head.

"Oh... That's surprising." Clark said.

"Why?"

"It seemed like you two had something... The way you look at him." Clark said and scrolled through pictures of me and Superman.

"Well pictures make everything look more dramatic." I sigh. "It wasn't that... Sensual." I stare at the picture for a minute thinking about Superman. "And anyways... I. I kinda like someone else." I said and blushed looking at my feet.

"Oh? Anyone I know?" Clark asked.

"Kinda." I smile. "Anyway. It's late. See you tomorrow." I say, pack my bags and leave.

***

The next day

"Morning Clark." I said with a big smile.

"Mor-- Wait... What are you wearing?" Clark asked with a laugh.

"Umm... A sweater." I said feeling a little ashamed.

"You look cute." Clark smiled. "I like it."

"Thanks." I said fiddling with the black cat pin on my sweater.  I had cat earrings, cat watch, cat necklace and a cat phone case. I knew I looked a bit silly, but at least everybody knows how much I love cats..

"Do you have cats?" Clark asked.

"Yeah. Three. One is black, one is white and one is orange." I said. "They are my babies."

"Hope I get to see them one day. You got safely to work today? Or should be searching the internet for the photos of you being saved?" Clark asked and gave me a welcome to work hug.

Suddenly my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hello. Are you Fay Queen?" A man asked on the phone.

"Yes." I answered.

The man started to talk: "Would you mind giving me an interview of the released photos of you and Superman? This time I want the truth. you have been denying the relationship but these pictures prove that you two are married."

"Wait-- What?"