23. Stolen rights

IMPORTANT: This chapter has been made longer. I posted it before it was finished.

READ THIS CHAPTER AGAIN!

***

"Clark what is this? What's going on?" I asked feeling a little panicked as I turned on the TV and instantly saw the news feed regarding my marriage with Superman.

"Calm down Fay. We will sort this out don't worry." Clark said with a calm voice. "I saw the news too. You need to speak with him. I don't know what happened between you ang him that night but he must have forgiven you by now."

"Okay... Okay... I'll talk to him." I said and finished the call.

'How do I call him over?' I wondered and opened the balcony doors to see that there were already a few reporters and paprazzi on the street.

I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "Superman?!" I said with a raised voice, not exactly yelling. "We need to talk."

I stood still for a minute before turning away, thinking that I had to find another way to reach him. 'This was a long shot anyway.'

"I'm here." Superman said as he landed onto my balcony.

"Have you seen it's all over the news?" I asked.

"Yes. I knew before they did." Superman nodded.

I took his hand and pulled him inside, closing the balcony doors behind us.

"What how?"

"I was the one who took the marriage certificate to town hall. To get it approved." Superman said and looked down at his feet.

"What! Why? Actually no it doesn't matter now." I said and shook my head. "How do we sort this out? We are legally married now."

"I don't believe we need to do anything." Superman shrugged.

"What why?"

"Tobias Richmond is trying to annull our marriage because I am not human. We will soon not be married in the eyes of the law." Superman said.

"What? That's ridiculous." I said angrily and furrowed my brow.

"The court is gathering today to listen to what Mr. Richmond has to say." Superman said almost sadly.

"Well then we are going too." I said and went to get dressed.

I put on a smart black dress. Grey heels and a grey long jacket. I did a natural makeup and put on sunglasses with light grey lenses. I styled my hair into a classy bun and grabbed my little black prada bag.

Walking out of my bedroom I grabbed onto Superman: "Let's go." I said strongly.

"You don't really like flying." Superman said but took flight anyway out of my apartment.

"I'm doing this for you. It's my turn to protect you." I said firmly and gribbed onto Superman tighter.

When we landed near the court house paparazzi and reporters were crowding us. They yelled so many questions that we couldn't even make out the words. We hurriedly entered the court house while Mr. Richmond was having his opening speech.

Only the biggest news papers had reporters inside the court room. They weren't allowed to speak or record the session in any shape or form.

Mr. Richmond and everyone else in the room grew silent as they turned their gaze towards us.

"Mr. Superman. How lovely of you to join us. You are one of the accused so may I ask you to sit down." Mr. Richmond said and pointed at the defendant chairs.

"Forgive me for my tardiness." Superman said and pulled out a chair for me.

I smiled up at Superman and looked around the court room.

"Now that the defendants are here we can continue." The judge sighed.

"Defendants? As in both of us?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes both of you." The judge nodded. "Do you have a lawyer present?"

"We give up our right for a lawyer." Superman said.

"We what?! I didn't even know we were even being accused. We aren't prepaired for this. We need a lawyer." I whispered angrily at Superman.

Suddenly the court room doors flew open and a voice said: "Don't worry little sister here I am."

Oliver arrived like a knight in shining armour to save me. "I brought you my lawyer sis."

I walked over to meet Oliver half way and hugged him happily.

"Thanks for coming. I owe you one." I said and watched the lawyer take a seat next to us and Oliver sit behind us.

"So what are my clients being accused of?" The lawyer asked and Mr. Richmond started babbling about the marriage.

I listened but suddenly a word cut me like a knife.

"Human rights?" I said loudly and gained Richmond's attention. "What do you mean Superman doesn't deserve human rights?"

"Ladies and gentleman although the disassembly of the marriage between the alien Superman and the human Fay Queen is my main consern I wish to bring to your knowledge something about the human rights this alien has been granted. The first article of human rights says: 'All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.' Because Superman is not from earth nor human he should not be granted human rights." Mr. Richmond said with big gestures and an asshole attention.

"So what, you are going to strip him from basic human rights?" I asked and felt horrored: "But then he wouldn't have the right of freedom, security of person. He would be allowed to be enslaved or tortured and he wouldn't have protection of the law!" I yelled feeling angry.

"It's okay Fay sit down my love." Superman said taking my hand in his.

"What no! This is madness and wrong! After everything he has done for all of us. After all the people he has saved and all the people he has gotten locked up. This is how you thank him?" I yelled.

"Oh and that reminds me. Vigilante justice. Superman isn't a police officer or a sheriff and yet he brings his own justice upon these people." Mr. Richmond says.

"You mean criminals! The ones that slipped through the cracks?" I yelled.

"Sit down Mrs. Superman." The judge says.

"Sit down love, please." Superman said and pulled me back onto my seat. "They are right."

"What?"

"I am not a human. I am Cryptonian and an alien from a whole other planet. So I shouldn't be given the human rights." Superman admitted.

"I offically give up my human rights and so my marriage with Fay will be nullified."

***
Remember to vote and comment ❤️