1. A picture worth a pulitzer

I wrote this as a teenager and it's gotten a ton of hate as well as love. So don't bother adding hate comments to this, this is literally Wattpad. If you want to read quality, you should go buy a book from a bookstore or visit the library. No need to make people upset over something they wrote while having no skill in writing whatsoever. 

I still see new people finding this story and regulars coming back to reread this and I appreciate you, but because of all the hate, I won't be editing this story after all. I won't delete it because of my regulars, but I won't fix it either, because of the unnecessary hate. 

***
I was running late... again. And I had bruises all over my arms. I had fallen down the stairs... again.

It was my first day at work. I had gotten in as an intern to the daily planet. For the next six months I am going to be learning how to be a photographer for a newspaper. I was really excited and I could not be late for my first day.

My breathing was rapid as I stepped inside the huge daily planet building. I felt my haw drop as I saw the big beautiful lobby. People everywhere, dressed in designer clothes, talking on the phone or running around. In the middle of the room there was a big globe.

Smiling I walked towards the receptionist and said: "Hi I'm Fay Queen. I'm here for the internship but I don't know which floor to go to."

"Okay let me see." The receptionist woman said kindly and typed something on the computer. After telling me which floor to go to I walked towards the elevator when I noticed that doors started to close.

"Hold the elevator!" I yelled and noticed a foot stop the doors from closing just in time. "Thank you so much I don't want to be late for my first day." I said as I stepped in and smiled brightly at the man who kept the doors open for me.

"Sure no trouble." He answered. We were alone in the elevator.

I looked at the buttons and noticed that my floor had already been pressed. "Oh, we work on the same floor. I'm Fay Queen." I introduced myself with a hand reached to the man.

"I am Clark Kent." The man said and I knew I had heard that name before. "You are my intern." he smiled shyly. Oh that's how I knew him.

"Nice to meet you. I am so excited." I said.

"That's good." He said with a soft voice. "Have you got your CV with you?"

"Yeah I do." I said quickly taking it out of my bag. While I was trying to find my CV I didn't notice that Clark saw my bruises. "I can take those." I offered as I noticed the files in his hands.

"You don't have to."

"Well helping you is kinda my job now." I smiled and took the files before giving him the CV. As Clark read over my CV I watched him. Clark had black short hair that was styled nicely. He has a strong jaw and a tiny chin dimple. He had high cheekbones and nice, white teeth. He had black glasses and he was wearing a black suit and, a white shirt and a tie. Clark was tall but he slouched slightly which took away some of his height. I could see from his entire demeanor that he was shy.

"So you won the american teen photographer award two years ago? That's impressive. What did you take a picture of?" Clark asked and peeked at me.

"Superman." I mumbled. "I was filming a video when I was almost hit by a car. He saved me and my camera filmed it all. It was on a tripod. I just screenshotted a moment from the video." I said blushing.

"Oh I think I'v seen that picture." Clark said with another shy smile.

I smiled back and thought about the picture. In it I was on my knees on the ground with my hair blowing in the wind and I had an awed expression on my face with my lips parted and a slight blush on my face. Superman was less than a foot away in front of me much taller than me even in the proposal kneeling position he was in. His other hand was against the car forming a huge dent on it and his other hand was reached towards me with my hand on top of his. He had a soft smile on his face that slightly blended with worry. The picture looked so intimate and emotional that many had actually thought that I was his girlfriend even with the clear age difference.

"It was good photography. I bet you would have won a pulitzer for it if you had been older." Clark said.

"Oh, I don't think so. It wasn't clear enough." I said. "My camera was cheap."

"I saw no problem in the picture. It was beautiful and full of emotions." Clark said with an almost sad tone in his voice.

"Well, thank you." I said and blushed again. I wasn't really used to getting compliments at least about my pictures.

"Welcome to the daily planet." Clark said as the elevator doors opened and we stepped into a big office with many desks and people working.

***

Hope you liked it and will continue reading!