20. Mr. Wayne's gala

Can't believe we have reached 20 chapters 💖 That's a milestone.

***

I stood outside at the back of the building smoking a cigarette. I watched as the smoke floated in the night sky as small grey clouds.

"You shouldn't." Superman said as he suddenly floated down next to me.

"I never do." I sighed and pressed the cigarette back against my lips.

"So what made you smoke now?" He asked.

"They found out..." I mumbled and leaned against the outer wall of theh building. I chose to sat on the ground but before I could, Superman took of his cape, layed it on the ground and sat down eith me onto it. "Thanks... This dress was expencive. Actually no it wasn't at least not on my family's standards."

"Well I don't really care about what family you come from." Superman said.

"The rest of the world does." I said and took a longer smoke. "This is going to make an difficult situation even worse."

"I'm sorry."

"No need to be... Oh no! I left Clark all alone with those people." I groaned.

"Don't worry. The press isn't interested in him." Superman said attaching his gaze to the wall for a minute.

"Yeah but he is so socially awkward. This is probably hard on him too." I said and puleld on my hair.

"He is going to be fine. You should go home. Get some rest." Superman suggested. "I could fly you there."

"No, I should go back inside. For Clark. I just can bail on him." I said with a sigh. I got up and started walking around the house to get to the front doors once again.

"I'm sorry this is causing you distress." Superman whispered as he walked next to me.

"It's okay... This isn't your fault."

I didn't hear him whisper: "Yes it is." Before he flew off.

I took a deep breath and walked back inside.

I saw the reporters crowding up at the front of the gala ball room instantly shouting out questions about the latest scandalous reveal.

I waited for them to quiet down before I spoke: "Today I will not be giving any intervies. I came here to have fun with a friend and meet new people. So please let this be a wonderful night for everyone and interview someone else. I believe there are some lovely ladies here today who would love to be on your spotlight." Thereporters gawkes at me silently and suddenly I heard slow clapping.

"I could not have said that better myself miss Queen." Bruce Wayne said.

"Mr. Wayne. Nice to meet you." I said and shook hands with him.

"We have met before, lollipop." Wayne said with a wink.

I felt like a lightbulb was lit in my head, I was sure I had heard that nickname somewhere before.

Mr. Wayne then adressed the crowd: "I think it's time for reporters leave and for the V.I.P guests to stay." Wayne nodded at the security team and they started ushering the reporters out of the room.

"Thank you for the evening." I nodded to Wayne and started to walk to the door.

"Fay why are you leaving?" Wayne asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I came here with a reporter friend. Clark Kent from the daily planet." I said and got on my tiptoes to see where Clark is.

"I would very much..." Wayne started and took my hand in his: "Like you to stay."

I looked up at Wayne with surprise and saw as a huge hand took hold of Wayne's arm: "Hands off her." Clark growled and wrenched Wayne's hand off mine and then got between us.

I stood back onto my tiptoes, placed my hands on Clark's shoulders and took a peek over his shoulder at Wayne who was looking at Clark with a dark look.

"It's okay Clark. I can take care of myself."

"Obliviously not." Clark growled.

"Clark. I want to stay. Please. Mr. Wayne said we can stay." I said trying to calm the odd situation.

"I said you could stay. I said nothing about him." Wayne said menacely.

"You said you haven't met before." I said suspiciously as I rounded Clark to stand on his side so I could actually see something.

"We haven't." They said at the same time with verocity.

"Then why are you like this?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

Both men seemed to realize what this looked like and straightened themselves. "My guests, pleace we have food service reacy at the back of the room. Help yourselves." He smiled.

"Fay." Clark turned to me and took hold of both of my hands. He looked me straight in the eyes and said: "We need to go... Now."

I looked at him for a minute: "Okay. Let's go." I agreed and linked our arms as we started leaving.

"Fay call me Bruce or tire." Wayne - Bruce said as we left.

In the car I asked for food so Clark started heading to town center for an over night coffee shop.

"Why Clark? Why did we need to go?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"I... I just wanted to leave." Clark sighed.

"Liar! I know you already. You would never force me into anything without a serious reason." I argued. "You know something I don't know. And you and Bruce have met before."

"Oh, so he is Bruce now?" Clark said childishly.

"Clark, focus. What do you know?"

Clark sighed: "You're right. Mr. Wayne and I have met before. Just under... Unusual circumstances."

"What do you mean?"

"Look, Fay. This is important, that man is dangerous. You need to stay away from him." Clark warned.

"What has he done?" I asked.

Clark slowed down the car and parked on the side of the road. He reached to the back and pulled a thick file onto my lap.

On top it said: Top Secret

I opened onto the first page and saw a file of Bruce Wayne. "What is this?" I asked with a shaky voice.

Clark sighed and started driving again. "Turn the other page..."

I flipped the page and froze. I looked up to the road with a shocked face... "Bruce Wayne is Batman."

***

WHAAAAT DID YOU THINK?

Do you agree with revealing bats secret