25. The Belle of the ball

WOW, second chapter this fast I feel amazed myself Last chapter I said I only have about ten chapters left but turns out there might be a little more. I made a mindmap of things that still needed to happen in the story and I forgot some. Sooo you are gonna see me for a little more still. However, we are growing closer to the end and this makes me sad and relieved at the same time. If you haven't noticed I have A LOT OF STORIES and I really hope to finish all of them since each had built their own little fanbase so stick with me <3

***

Mr. White was in his office talking on the phone when Clark and I walked in as requested. "Well get the dress here now!" He yelled at the phone and Clark and I looked each other sideways. 'What is this about?' I wondered. The daily planet wasn't really a paper about dresses. "Yes, yes, she will wear it." Mr. White hung up the phone and sighed: "Bruce Wayne is having a gala today. I need you two to go and... There's a dress for you."

"What?" I asked raising my brows. 'Clark has to wear a dress?'

"Yes, you Fay."

'Ohh... Would have been much better if Clark wore the dress.'

"Now you two go pick the dress up and take Ron with you, he has to take pictures." Mr. White said groggily.

"Excuse me, Mr. White, why can't Fay choose her own dress?" Clark asked, adjusting his glasses and looking at his feet. This must have been the first time he questioned Mr.White's motives.

"I owe a favor to the designer. Now go!"

Soon we were packed into Ron's tiny automobile and making a stop at the designer's studio which didn't look too glamorous. It was behind a taco bell and looked like an old warehouse building with a broken window.

"Are you sure this is the right address?" Ron asked as he pushed his head out the small car window to look around.

"Yes, I'm sure... Thi- this is it." Clark said. I got out the front seat and walked to the doors of the building, knocking loudly. The sound of my fist on the big rusty metal door echoed around the small alleyway we had driven into.

A tall man with a petite build opened the door. His hair was dyed blue and he was wearing pink jeans with a white v-neckline shirt with paint splashes all over it. "Uuh, belle femme. Bienvenue chéri." (Translation: Beautiful female. Welcome, darling.) The man spoke perfect French with a heavy accent, a glass of red wine in this hand. His appearance spoke fashion and the way he walked screamed model. "I have been waiting for 15-years to cash in that favor. Then I heard that you worked under Mr. White! You are the perfect model. The dress is made just for you my bon génie." (Translation: Angel) His voice turned high pitched on some words and he smiled with all his teeth.

"Uhm, thank you?" I felt a little awkward, not understanding a word he said in French and then hearing too many compliments at once.

"So, here it is, this is my baby. My mona lisa. Take care of it." He said with high pride and handed me a long, black garment bag.

"Thank you. You have a nice place here." I wasn't lying inside the warehouse was quite lovely. Bright lights like at a club and stylish sofas with fur and decorative pillows thrown over. Rags full of beautiful clothing and jewelry all over. Makeup setting stations and huge mirrors on the walls.

"Thank you chéri. Go now belle." (Translation: darling, belle) He gave me air kisses on both my cheeks and then watched me leave with a smile.

I placed the dress on the front seat so it wouldn't get any wrinkles and got on the back seat with Clark. It was a tight fit but we were able to make it work. I was practically on his lap and the seatbelt wouldn't go around me that way so Clark wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe.

The car ride went fast and we were quite silent. By we, I mean Clark and I. Ron wouldn't stop talking. Telling intimate details about his life I didn't need to know.

When we arrived I saw Alfred at the door. "Well hello, Miss Queen. Nice to meet once more."

"Yes, nice to see you too Alfred. Could I bother you with a favor?" I asked holding the dress bag up. "I need to change into this."

"Of course dear, follow me." Alfred said and led us to a lovely, big bedroom avoiding quests on the way. "Here you go. The ballroom is down the hall. Have a wonderful evening.

"Thank you Alfred." I said and he shut the door behind us. I walked into the tiny bathroom to change into the dress and marveled at it for a moment. It was gorgeous pink with a white line in the middle. It was mermaid shaped with a full bottom turning from pink to white. It had a diamond belt on the waist and the dress hugged my curves perfectly. With a sweetheart neckline, I was able to pair the belt with a matching necklace and other jewelry. The makeup I had with me wasn't that good so I did subtle blush tones and blended well so I wouldn't look like a barbie puked on me. The shoes I had been given, I loathed, but they wouldn't show under the dress anyway.

When I walked out I saw that Ron and Clark had gotten dressed in tuxedos. Clark looked amazing in a black tuxedo and smooth hair. Ron was wearing a blue tuxedo that was a little too big.

"You look..." Clark started when he walked over and brushed a hair behind my ear.

"Hot!" Ron yelled in. Great timing. Totally ruined the moment.

"Like the Belle of the ball." Clark said with a smile.

"Thank you, Clark."

***

Sooooo what do you think? I felt like this was kind of a filler chapter with no real effect on the story. No major plot twist just an easy to read pause between all the drama.