30. I would like you to stay

Looks like I'm on fire with updating again. Sometimes I get moments when I don't want to write at all and get locked without ideas. Now I know what I'm doing but running out of ideas with my other books.

Also, your comments help :)

Sexual orientation is discussed in this chapter and no degrading or mean comments will be tolerated. My book won't be a gateway to talk shit about the LGBTQ+ community. I'm a big supporter and I WILL BLOCK YOU if you start hating on the people who have the same right to love like all straight people.

***

"I'm done. I don't want to wait anymore. What if something happened?" I said, feeling stress over Clark not answering any of my calls for a week. I understand that we had fought before we parted, but he must have seen what happened to me on TV. Didn't he care at all?

"Calm down Fay." Thea said. She and mom had arrived two days ago, invited by Bruce to stay in his mansion.

"What if something bad happened to Clark?" I asked.

"You sound like a lunatic dear." Mom said.

"Why? Because I care about my friend?" I asked pacing back and forth in one of the multiple living rooms in the house.

"I think we all know he's more than a friend." Mom said with a small smile.

"Mom!" Thea said, shaking her head at how direct our mom was being.

Thea has always been beautiful with sunken in cheeks and narrow pink lips. She has long hair, darker than mine and arched eyebrows above her brown eyes.

She looks more like dad than mom. Mom looks graceful with her always well styled blonde hair and blue eyes framed by crows feet. Wrinkles showing her age. She looked constantly concerned about something.

"No, he's not." I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah no, he isn't. Not worth my little sister." Oliver butted in.

"Hey, what's that supposed to meet?" I asked. "Clark is the sweetest man I know."

"Just not good enough for you." Oliver shook his head. I thought he mumbled the word 'dangerous', but since that was the furthest thing Clark is, I just shoved the odd thought away ignoring it completely.

Rolling my eyes I turned away and sat down on the sofa.

"But really... You do love him, right?" Thea suddenly entered the conversation, her curiosity taking over.

"Well, I don't know. I guess I-" I don't even know what I was going to say but a cough by the door stopped me.

"Fay... Could we talk for a moment?" Bruce stood there looking at me with a wavering smile.

"Oh, sure." I got up and followed Bruce to the kitchen where he gave me a cup of hot chocolate. "You remembered?"

"Of course, it's your favorite drink. You used to drink this all the time." Bruce said and gave me a smile.

"Well, thanks." I sipped the drink and then looked back up at Bruce: "So what is it you'd like to talk about?"

"Would you... Would you like to stay? I mean it's Sunday and I know you intend to go back to Metropolis tomorrow but... You always have a place here and... I would like you to stay." For a moment it was silent until Bruce continued: "With me."

"I... I have to get back to my job. To the life, I've made in Metropolis. I really like it there. Your offer is really nice, but I really can't accept it." I said with a shake of my head.