11. Mark the boyfriend

When i got home that night I was really tired. Clark and I had stayed late at the office again. Sure I had gotten pizza again but other than that it just wasn't worth missing sleep for. We had agreed to go for dinner tomorrow.

I was in my room, changing into my pyjamas when my phone rang. I had changed my number today to get away from the calls of the reporters. "Hello?"

"Hi, honey how are you?" Mark asked with a sweet soft voice.

"Oh I'm good. I miss you so much." I sighed and put on my cute furry socks.

"I miss you too. How's the new job?" Mark asked.

"Well it's nice. I'm working with Clark Kent. Have you heard of him?"

"No I don't think so... Is... Is he some big shot?" Mark asked warily.

"Well depends on how you look at it. He is very sweet." I told him and walked to the kitchen to make myself some hot chocolate.

"Really?" Mark didn't sound too impressed.

"Yeah, well we get along well." I said and sat on the counter.

At that Mark just harumphed.

We just stayed silent on the phone for a while. "I love you Fay... You know that right?"

"Yeah." I smiled and jumped off the counter and walked into the livingroom. "I -" As I lifted my gaze from the floor I froze. There he was - Superman. "Mark I gotta go. I love you too." I said and quickly closed the phone. "What... What are you doing here? How did you get into my home?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for intruding in your phone call with your boyfriend. The balcony door was open." I peeked over his shoulder and saw that he was right. I had forgotten them open.

"Oh..." I stayed silent as I closed the balcony doors and closed the drapes over them. "What... What are you doing here?"

"I felt that we had to talk about what is going on in the news. I have been keeping my eyes on you and it seems to affect your life a lot." He said and walked after me into the kitchen.

"Yeah we do. Clark wants me to just go along with everything. He says that I will be called a liar if I argue." I said with a sigh and started making Superman a hot chocolate that was just like mine.

"Thank you." Superman said as he accepted the hot chocolate. "I think your friend is right. It makes no sense for you to deny any of this. It will only drive the reporters mad."

"But I-" My voice was cut off as her phone rang. "Hi? You just called me what's wrong. No I didn't get it yet. Okay. Talk to you tomorrow." I hang up the phone and apologized: "Sorry that was Mark. He is an ex addict and I need to pick up every call just in case something goes wrong, you know."

"I'm sorry to hear that. So you are dating an ex addict?"

"No, Mark is my brother. And it's okay." I said with a huge smile. "He's been clean for three years. I'm really proud."

"You should be." Superman smiled back. "Can I sit down?"

"Yeah of course take a seat." I blushed over the fact that I hadn't offered. "Would you like to eat anything?"

"No thank you." Superman said.

"So what are we going to do bout these fake pictures? They are so realistic I don't think I can prove them being fake." I mumbled and picked up today's paper inspecting the picture.

"No you do not have to try." Superman said. "I will look after you in the future. In a year or so it should be safe to announce our break-up with out too many questions."

"So we are just going to pretend being married?" I asked with my eyes wide, surprise written all over my face.

"Yes." Superman nodded. "Is that a problem?"

"No... I guess. It's just... I like someone." I mumbled and played with a strand of hair.

"Who?" Superman instantly asked and puffed his chest. "No wait, you do not have to tell. I'm sorry for intruding your privacy."

"It's okay. I don't really know him that well yet and he might turn out to be a major douchebag but... I doubt it... He seems so kind." I said and blushed.

"Well I hope he is as he seems." Superman said. "Otherwise he doesn't deserve you."

"Thanks." I mumbled. "So I just start pretending to be your wife?"

"Yes. I would appreciate it if you spoke to the press. I will do the same." Superman sighed. "It is the only way to subdue their thirst for the details of our said romance."

"Oh..." I mumbled. "So how did you propose? They are bound to ask that question."

"I will show you." Superman said. "Take my hand. Trust me." He said as he stood up and walked over to the balcony.

"O-Okay." I took his hand and suddenly we are in the air. "Oh no." I moaned and his my face into his chest as he flew.

"Are you okay?" Superman asked as I started chanting: -don't look down' over and over again.

"I-I think you should know that I'm afraid of heights." I mumbled and felt a terrified tear slide down my face.

"Shhh... It's okay I'v got you. I won't let anything happen to you. We are almost there." Superman reassured me and soon me landed. "This is where I would have done it."

I retreated from his embrace and saw a beautiful view. We were on a cliff somewhere with forest surrounding us. I front of us, below the cliff I could see and hear a river. And on our right I could see a waterfall. Beyond the river was a flower field and in the far off distance I could see the city lights shine.

"It's incredible." I gasped.

"This is where I would have proposed." Superman said softly and held my hand as we stood there.

***

Time skip

***

The next morning came fast and I was still tired. I wasn't sure if Superman's arrival had been true or just a really realistic dream.

I brushed my teeth and hair half asleep and put my hair on a high ponytail. I chose red jeans, a kitty cat button up shirt, a tiny cat purse, black shoes, earring, necklace and to pins to pin to my shirt: all of them cat themed. I put a red bow on my high ponytail.

This morning I took a cab from my apartment to the daily mail building and was pleased to see that there were no reporters outside the building. The had most likely been chased off by the guards standing by the doors.

Turns out the guards hadn't helped Clark and I to the cab yesterday out of kindness, but because daily mail didn't want me to blurt out anything to other reporters. They had just been protecting their exclusive story all along.

Apparently Clark had been able to quiet things down with his new article of Superman and I.

But then I saw it. The daily planet newsletter of the day with a big headline: Exclusive: Superman speaks about his wife and wedding.

***

WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Comments let me know you like my stories so they are like HUGS <3 <3 <3 <3 <3