35. Last time we meet

"I will be answering questions now." I sighed. "One at a time please." I said when they all started yelling at the same time.

"Karla Segano from Good morning Metropolis, you are live." A woman said and pointed her microphone at me: "What is your relationship with Superman like at this moment?"

I looked at Superman, but he just nodded at me, allowing me free speech: "The relationship between me and my husband is fine." I said.

"Husband? Your marriage was annulled."

"Well I thought that was unfair, my husband should have the same rights are everyone else." I said.

"Everyone else would go to jail for what he did to Batman." The woman said.

"Well good thing that he isn't human so our laws don't apply to him. Even if they did... No prison could hold him down and locking him up would be unfair. People would die because he wouldn't be there to save them, he's much more important as a free man." I pointed out.

"Do you have an interesting sex-life?" A man asked.

Blushing furiously and feeling appalled I just shook my head: "I will not answer that and I am quite offended by that question."

"Do you think you can have children?" Another asked.

"I do not know." I said.

"Are you planning on enlargening the family?"

"These questions are clearly bothering Fay. Change the subject or we will leave." Superman said, protecting me, as always.

"Mr. Superman, how do you feel about what happened? You have not commented on the subject." The female reporter asked eagerly.

"What I did was wrong and I am ready to face the consequences. I assure you, I did not insinuate the fight." Superman said. My eyes instantly snapped to his face. I didn't know that. So Batman attacked first... But why? He knew his suit was flawed.

"What was the fight over?"

"That is between Batman and myself. We have chosen not to reveal that to the public." Superman answered calmly.

"We? You have met Batman after the fight?" A reporter said quickly.

"Yes, we have discussed the matter and chose to enter a truce to ensure Fay heals well." Superman nodded.

I was surprised at that too, but the feeling seemed to be mutual between myself and the reporters since they shared looks among themselves.

"So Fay knows who Batman is? And their relationship is..."

"Friendly." I jumped in.

"Much to my discomfort," Superman mumbled under his breath.

"Did you know him before the attack? Did you know who's face you would see when you lifted off that mask?"

"Yes, no further questions." I said and already started to leave when a question caught my attention.

"Do you hate your family?"

With a sigh, I turned back: "No I do not. I love them, but I'm tired of them controlling my life and treating people unfairly and getting away with it. I hope we don't go into trial and I hope we can solve this in peace among ourselves but if not... Well, that's another day's tale."

I left with Superman. He flew us to his... Our special place. Watching the view ahead of us we sat in the grass enjoying the weather. "I am truly sorry." He said.

"It's okay. I know you are." I sighed: "But you should know... This can't continue. We need to separate in the eyes of the public. I'm in love with someone else and I'm not trying to be rude but... You ruined your chance and there's no coming back from this."

"I understand... Just who is he?"

"I won't tell you." I said shaking my head: "But no need to worry. He's a good guy."

"You know I will always help you when you need me. I'm always watching after you. All you have to do is whisper my name into the wind." He promised.

"I know..." I leaned against Superman's side and closed my eyes.

We were on the same page. We had this silent understanding and agreement between us. This would be the last time we meet. I wanted to focus on Clark and my job and there truly would never be anything between us after this. Superman accepted that.

"I have been honored to know you, Fay."

"You too Superman." I sighed contently.

"It's Kal-El." He said.

"Huh?"

"My name. It's Kal-El." Superman said. I craned my neck to look at him. "I haven't told that to anyone other than my adoptive mother and father."

"Well, it's nice that you trust me." I said with a smile. "I'm going to miss you." I said and felt tears rise to my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall.

"Don't worry. I won't ever be too far away." He promised and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

***

Time skip to night-time

***

That night I was sitting on the with Clark, shuffling under the way too small blanket we were sharing.

I had spent almost the entire day talking with my family. Mom was furious, Oliver understood me and so did Thea. Bruce had contacted, just to invite me to the next gala.

It took hours but I was able to sort everything out with my family. They had a quick press conference where they publicly apologized to me for overreacting and overprotectiveness.

Now I was content right here with Clark.

Something was in his mind. I could see that. Clark was thinking.

"Just tell me." I sighed.

"What?" Clark asked.

"You are going to say something. So just tell me."

"It's more like a question." He said in an awkward manner.

"Well go on then." I smiled.

"Would you like to meet my mother?"

***

So a new chapter. The last few have been too long (usually each chapter has 1000 words and the last few have had near to 2000 words) so this one is a bit shorter than 1000 but I'm not sorry. I have posted so much so fast you really can't complain. XD