Red

But loving him was red

Present time
Taylor's Pov
Anger, pain, sobbing, the death of happiness in front of my eyes. We were going to be happy. Start a life and a family. That didn't happen though. It will never happen now. The day I first met him was the day he made me feel happy. He got me to leave a miserable relationship and smile for the first time in a while. Now, he's never caused me so much pain in my life. I cling onto the sheet still and sniffle as I continue to cry. As I lean the side of my body and head on the sides of my bed I just loose my ability to cry. It's like I've run out of tears. I continue to gasp for air and eventually the pain comes to too much. I just pass out on the floor of my room along with the shattered picture frame.
When I wake up the next morning I slowly rise up looking around the room. My brain is scarred from last night. There was so much pain and there still is. As I stand up I step on a piece of glass which triggers me to whimper. I see the blood coming from my foot and I bite my lip to try and hold in the physical pain. I sit up on my bed and look at the cut. I take the glass, quickly rip it out and I yell. When I yelp, a small timeline starts up.

*flash back*
"Joe, I'm bleeding."

"It'll be okay, Taylor."

"No, there's something wrong. There's too much blood. It hurts." I say worried and having desperate eyes .

*end of flashback.*

No amount of bleeding will come to the pain of that day. I was yelling at Joe because there was sometime wrong with me. I kept bleeding and kept bleeding. I can still picture that blood in my mind. At least he was there to help me. Now I'm just looking around the room with a shattered frame and blood leaking from my foot. I hear a knock at the door and carefully avoid glass so my foot doesn't get more hurt then it already is. My foot is limping as I try to get to the door. When I open it I see the same familiar face from last night. Both of us stay silent looking at floor to avoid eye contact. I don't even want to talk because I don't know how. Actually, neither of us have known how to for months. The last months of our relationship was mostly silent. I don't know why Joe is here but I open the door wider for him to come inside. He walks inside with his hands in his pockets trying to avoid me but he knows he can't.

"I came to get some stuff." He says with his back turned to me as I still look at the door now empty.

"So you're moving out then."

"Taylor, we aren't together anymore. I was barely here anyway after-"

"You don't need to say it....You're right, you weren't here. Were either of us truly here?"

"No. Especially you."

"Joe, there's no point of getting into a fight. You got what you wanted now just get your stuff and leave please."

I hear his footsteps echo on the stairs and I finally shut the front door. I walk over, sit on the couch and run my hands in my hair while I look at the floor. How do you describe a relationship like this? We can't even look or talk to each other. It's painful to just look at him. I hear rattling upstairs as he takes some belongings. It's still so dark. I know it's morning and the natural light does make it brighter but it's still dark. The lights are shut off which really contributed to me stepping on glass.

"What's up with the glass on the floor?" I hear him yell.

"It's nothing just ignore it." I yell back. But it's not nothing

I didn't realize how much pain a person could cause just being inside your house. I see him walk downstairs with a bag full of stuff which mostly consists of clothes. I see one thing in the bag that catches my eye though.

"Hey um... that's mine." I say trying to not to start a fight.

"It was both of ours, wasn't it?" He says holding a plush animal in his hand.

"But Joe...that one was...it was special."

"Taylor, you can't have everything that has to do with it."

"Okay." I say nodding my head.

Before he walks out the door he looks at the fridge.

"Why is that picture still hanging the fridge? You don't need it."

"I just...I can't throw it away. It's important."

"Something that's gone isn't important Taylor. I'll make it easier on you to move on."

"What are you doing?" I ask as he walks to the kitchen.

"Helping you."

"You're not helping!" I stand up to try and stop him but I pain shoots up my foot from the glass.

It's like I see it all in slow motion. The picture being taken down. I'm screaming  and all I want is for him to stop but I can't stop him.

"You'll thank me later."

He tears the long picture in half and then to smaller and smaller pieces.

"No...." I say quietly to myself.

He throws away the scraps on the floor and I just stop moving. I go silent and just forget how to love and live for a moment. I see him walk out the door in a blur and the door slam shut. I limp over to the kitchen floor and tears stream down my face all over again. It's so torn up that you can't see anything anymore. Just small scraps of black and grey.

I hear the door swing open again and I quickly turn my head again to see Joe. My face is red with tears streaming down it.

"You should also get rid of your wedding ring while you're at it." He says then leaving again slamming the door.

Was it really necessary to come back just to tell me to get rid of a ring he gave me? I look down at the ring which is a shiny silver with a giant diamond in the middle with two smaller sapphires on the side. He always said he two on the side would be us. The side stones were Joe and I and the middle one was how we were going to be together forever.

I slowly slip it off my finger. I remember the first time this was put on my finger and not off. My mind keeps playing back and forth, back and forth and eventually my mind ends up on when he proposed to me.

I cup the ring in my hand and close my eyes. I need a good memory today. I go through the pages and end up on the one where he proposed.
—————————————————
Authors note: just so y'all know. All the the questions that aren't completely answered will be answered in the flashbacks. Like how they broke up and the pictures and stuff.

Teaser: The only thing that matters is that you...you make me happier than I ever thought I could me. And if you let me I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way- The T.V

Anyways,

What do you think the picture was of?

Comment😊

Vote

-Madie❤️