Sapphire

I recall late November holding my breath slowly I said "you don't to save me but would
you run away with me?"

*Flash back*
November 2018
Taylor's POV
I sit next to Joe on the couch in the New York City apartment with my head on his shoulder. We finally live together and it's nice. I sit watching Friends with him and he brushes my hair. This is one of my favorite episodes. It's called the one with the proposal. It's so cute to see the two characters finally getting engaged. It's such a sweet moment.

The only thing that matters is that you...you make me happier than I ever thought I could me. And if you let me I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.

He says to the girl as he proposes.

"They're so cute! I love them so much."

"I know you do." Joe says laughing slightly.

As the episode comes to an end he pauses the TV so it doesn't go to the next episode.

"What do you say we go out?" He asks.

"Go out where?"

"Just outside. Go on a walk."

"It's freezing outside!"

"Then you can get a coat."

"What about the people and getting noticed on the street?"

"Don't worry about it. I have it all figured out."

"You've had this planned out I see."

"Come on lets go."

"Okay." I say laughing slightly.

I slip on a warm coat to cover my body and so does he. We walk outside the door and I look around cautiously to make her we don't get noticed.

"It'll be fine. I promise." Joe tells me.

I finally let down my guard and trust his words. I see the sky starting to turn grey and clouds cover the sky. I can see the small dots of white coming from the sky.

"It's starting to snow. Maybe we should head back."

"No,no let's keep going."

"What do you have planned for me Mr Alwyn?"

"You'll see in a moment Miss Swift."

He holds my hand as I start to get cold but I ignore it. The snow starts to pour down even more and it gets slightly hard to see.

"I really think we should get back."

"Maybe we should."

When I look behind I can't really where we are and I start to shiver. All I can see is Joe beside me.

"I think we're lost, Joe. I'm getting cold and the snow is getting worse. My hair is literally starting to freeze. What are we seriously going to do?"

"Marry me."

"Like that's going to solve anything."

"I'm serious."

"What?"

"I had a different plan to do this but I'll improvise." He says getting down on one knee and pulling out a black box on a sidewalk in the middle of New York City.

"What are you doing?" I say even though I know exactly what he's going to do.

"Taylor, when I first met you I didn't realize that someone like you could be so kind and caring. I found a best friend that night at that MET gala and I didn't think it would turn into this. It took time to get together but when we did, I didn't think I could find a better life. You make me happy every single day and I would love the honor of being more than a boyfriend to you. You're my best friend and the love of my life. I love you with everything in me."

"Joe..." I say with tears running down my face which actually start to freeze as they roll down. I have my hands covered over my mouth still in purse shock.

"Taylor Alison Swift, will you marry me?" He says opening the box. I see a beautiful diamond ring with two sapphires on the side.

"Yes. Of course I will." I say with my voice breaking and trying to breathe much of possible. The tears of joy continue to flow as he stands up and slips the ring on my left hand. He kisses my cold lips and I forget the world around us just for a moment. The snow falls onto my hair gently as the snow calms down. We come apart and he hugs me which feels nice since it's freezing outside. I rest my head on his shoulder and I have never felt happier in my entire life.

"I love you so much." I say gently.

"I love you too."

He let's go of me and we start to walk back to the apartment.

"I look like a mess" I say since there is mascara running down my face. My hair and clothes are drenched in snow.

"You're the mess that I wanted, Taylor."

"You're too sweet honestly. Could I ask for a better boyfriend. Actually, a better fiancé. What was your original plan to propose?"

"I was going to take to a place a couple more blocks down to a restaurant. There were roses and candles and that cheesy romantic stuff."

"Aren't they going to expect us to come?"

"Well...um..probably yeah. I'll deal with it."

"Okay." I say laughing.

When do you want to get married." He asks.

"New Year's Day."

"That's a little ironic."

"New Years day is our day. Every New Years you have taken care of me. The first one you helped clean up when I was in pain. Every New Years has been special and I think having our wedding then would be even more special."

" New Years Day...That's in less then two months. Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I know it's soon but I don't care. I want to marry you soon as possible."

"Me too. I want to be with you forever and I want everyone to know that."

"Is it possible to love someone as much as I love you?"

"I don't think there is."

We both smile at each other and I feel the sparks. I finally get to be with the love of my life forever.
——————————————————
Authors note: Sorry all the chapters in this book are kinda small. Anyways, I was watching friends writing this chapter lmao.

Next chapter is sadness again yay.

Teaser: "Selena, get the hell out of here!" I yell which then causes silence. -Taylor

Anyways,

Comment😊

Vote

-Madie❤️