Magenta

You are the best thing that's ever been mine

June 13th 2019
Taylor's Pov
I set the temperature on the oven to 375 and press start. I turn around to see Joe right behind me with a baking apron on. It's covered in cookies and cupcakes on a pink fleece. It makes him look very feminine which makes me laugh slightly.

"What? A guy can't wear a pink apron anymore?" Joe says with a laugh.

"You can I mean but you look a little silly. You also took my apron which I would like to complain about slightly." I say.

"Fine." He says taking the apron off and giving it to me. I smile taking the apron and wrapping it around my waist. I add sugar, butter and vanilla in an electric mixer and stir everything until it's fluffy. I go to get the flour but can't find it.

"Hey babe, have you seen the flour?" I ask him but when I turn around I see him pouring it in then turning the setting on too high which throws flour in his face. He spits flour out of his mouth and I giggle.

"Oh, you think this is funny now?" Joe says grabbing a small hand of flour and throwing it at my face. I gasp in slightly shock and smile.

"So that's how you want to play then?" I say then grabbing an egg and smashing it on his hair.

"Okay, that was crossing the line I think." He says before also grabbing an egg. I start to take off running away from him.

"You know, eggs are good for the hair" I say.

"Then I bet you won't mind some on yours."

He tackles me lightly on the couch and smashes the egg on my hair. I laugh and brush the egg off of my hair.

"Okay I surrender." I tell him. We both sit on the couch laughing. My laughing gets stopped by a metallic taste in my mouth and my stomach in pain. I get up quickly and run to the bathroom to throw up. Joe follows and holds my hair back over my shoulders. He rubs my back slightly as my eyes water up slightly. I sit on my knees and back from the toilet.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you sick or anything, Tay." Joe says gently.

"I don't think it's anything you did, babe." I say.

"Really?" He says.

"Well, except me." I laugh slightly. Joe raised his brow slightly.

"What does that mean? Do you- you think you might- you-" Joe stutters.

"I think so." I say smiling.

"Oh my god. Well-um- Okay I'll go run to the store and get a test." Joe says excitedly with a smile and running out quickly. I laugh slightly and he still has egg in his hair and a face full a flour. I get in the shower quickly to wash all the baking ingredients off of me. If I am pregnant will I have to put of my 7th album? What about my music? How am I going to even be a decent mom?

Anxiety filled questions race through my mind as I finish up my shower. I wrap a towel around myself and dry off. I throw on some pajamas instead of real clothes and when I'm finished I see that Joe is already back.

"That was quick." I remark.

"I'm excited." He smiles.

"I can tell. You want to be a father I can see."

"Here's the test." He says handing the box to me. I walk into the bathroom and take the test. I walk back out to Joe and hold the test up waiting for the result. There's a plug sign on the test and I smile looking at him. I turn around and hug him tight.

"We're having a baby." I say gently.

Two weeks later
I sit in the waiting room of a hospital with my face down and an oversized hat to cover my identity. I sit with my leg shaking violently from fear and Joe holds my hand.

"Taylor?" I hear a nurse call. I stand up and walk up to them with my head down.

"Follow me." The nurse tells me and I follow her. I walk into the room and change into the gown they gave me. I sit on the patient table, waiting for the OB/GYN. I wait with Joe and we begin to talk.

"Should I take time off of my music now?" I ask.

"I think it could be a good idea. You can always make another album another time." Joe says.

"My family is more important then any music I could ever make." I smile.

The doctor walks in and a little bit of shock runs over her face.

"You're um Taylor Swift."

"Really? I thought I was Karlie Kloss or something." I say with a laugh.

"Sorry I'm just a fan. I'm doctor Holbrook." She says shaking my hand.

"Always nice to meet a fan even in this situation..." I say awkwardly.

"Let's just get started. Just lay back on a table and I'll start everything." She says.

Doctor Holbrook shows the black and white screen to me which shows the baby.

"That's your baby." She says gently.

I smile brightly and look at the screen while Joe holds my hand. I see doctor Holbrook look at the screen more deeply and her facial expression changes from happy to worried in half a second.

"What is it?" I ask quickly.

She sighs and begins to speak what seems to be bad news. "I have to run some tests but I'm afraid this might be a high risk pregnancy."

"What do you mean?" Joe asks.

"Just looking at the ultrasound...I think I see something wrong with the uterus."  She says gently.

"Oh." I just say.

"I'll run some small tests real quick and I'll send you results in a couple days. How does that sound?" She says.

"Um...yeah...okay." I say quietly.

"Here's this though." Doctor Holbrook says with a slight smile handing me an ultrasound picture. I smile looking at the black and white photo of our baby.
————————————————————
Authors note: The chapter is called magenta because magenta is supposed to represent the highest and best a relationship is.

What are your predictions?

Comment😊

Vote

-Madie ❤️