Bleached

Flash back when you met me your buzz cut    
                    and my hair bleached
*Flash back*
2016 Met Gala
Taylor's Pov
I walk into the Met Gala with a new look that no one was truly expecting. My hair is cut short which I've practically never done. My hair completely washed and bleached. Crimson red lipstick brings out the look but the most iconic piece of it is the dress. It's almost robotic snake like. It's shining bright with a titanium type of feel. The dress is cut on the sides and giant black heels tangle around my legs. The camera flashes in my eyes as I change my body position to pose.

I know I've been alone several times to award shows but not like this. My relationship is falling apart with my current boyfriend  Adam Wiles. That's his real name, his stage name is Calvin Harris. I walk away from the crowd and when I'm in the clear I don't have the happiness in me to keep my head high right now. The Met gala is basically a gold standard party to raise money but at least I got to escape my relationship for a bit. I find my table and just keep my head low.

Someone comes up to me. I've never seen him in my life. He definitely grabs my attention though. He has a buzz cut and it's dressed nicely in a tux. He's definitely gorgeous and I just get lost in his ocean blue eyes. I actually then come to realization that I've been staring at a stranger for a solid 30 seconds.

"Do you need something?" The man asks confused. His British accent takes even more of my attention to his way. I've always had an appreciation for British accents and maybe a slight obsession. 

"Um, no it's fine." I respond with. Being fine always means something else though.

"You're Taylor Swift wow. I never thought I would actually see you."

"A lot of people say that when they meet me." A say slightly smiling.

"What is it?" He asks.

"What do you mean?"

"The fake smile? Pretending to be okay?"

"How can you get so much off of a 20 second conversation.

"Well, there were 30 other seconds of you staring at me."

I laugh and smile for real this time. I don't know what it is about him but he's different. All these other people here are famous and he's truly not that popular. Yet, he's also acting normal. I don't get it is my point. I thought all guys were kinda assholes. Maybe he is and this is one hell of a first impression. The small laugh fades but I stay with my bright smile.

"See that's what I like to see."

I like seeing you in front of me.

"What's your name?" I ask awkwardly. I need to know this guys name.

"I'm Joe. Joe Alwyn."

"I'm Taylor Swift." I say reaching out my hand to shake his. I realize actually how much an idiot I just was though.

"But you already knew that...." I say embarrassed.

"No need to be embarrassed Miss Swift."

"Are you a mind reader?" 

"Just good at reading people. Would you like to dance for a moment?" He says reaching out his hand.

"Hell yes!"  I say louder then I should have.