White

a white veil occasion

*Flash Back*
New Years Day 2019
Taylor's POV
I stand looking in a mirror with my white dress. A dress only used for a special occasions. A wedding. My wedding. After dead ends and crappy relationships I didn't think I would ever end up with someone that would actually love me. I brush down my dress and try to make sure everything is perfect. This wedding has to be perfect because we will be together forever. When we fight I can look back at this moment and remember that we are worth fighting for. I have everything I wanted right here. My mom and all my bridesmaids are in a room with me all admiring my looks.

"You look beautiful Tay."  Abigail, my maid of honor says.

"Thank you." I say with the brightest smile. I'm happy. I've never been happier. It feels impossible to ever be sad again.

"Are you ready Taylor?" I hear my mother ask.

I take one deep breath in the mirror. I see myself just lighting up. Everything about how this day is just feels perfect. I'm going to be with the love of my life forever now.

"I'm ready for it." I say with the brightest smile in the world I swear. I turn my head to her and she puts her hand on my cheek.

"I've never seen you so happy."

"I've never felt more happy. Is it possible to feel more happy then your wedding day?"

"The only time I was more happy is when I saw you for the first time. Now you're all grown up and getting married." She says starting to tear up.

"I'm still your baby girl, mom." I stand up and my white wedding dress flows behind me.

• • • •

When I see all my brides maids walking down the isle I just smile. Everyone is just so happy. My dad takes my arm and I just see all the people looking up at me. All their eyes are on me, the bride. As I walk up to the alter I already can almost feel myself crying of joy.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate joining these two in holy matrimony." The priest speaks.

I just hold his hand and look into Joe's eyes. I'm smiling again.

"If anyone has a just cause for why these two shouldn't be together, speak now or forever hold your peace."

I hear him laugh faintly and I just know he's probably thinking the same as I.

I hear the preacher say "speak now or forever hold your peace" there's a silence, here's my last chance. I stand up with shaking hands all eyes on me.

I knew when my wedding came I would think of track four from Speak Now. I never thought I would be with someone though that knew my lyrics well enough to think the same.

"Let's move into the vows then. Joe would you like to go first?"

He clears his throat before proceeding. "Taylor, I'm not a lyrical genius like you so this won't even get close to what you have prepared probably. Let's just get one thing out of the way, I love you and I'm not just saying because I have to right now. I'm just telling the truth. You Taylor Swift, are remarkable. You built yourself from the bottom up and yet retained your beautiful personality. You're not a celebrity that changes because of fame. You're not that and I know that. You're such a down to earth person and you care about everyone you love. You love your fans, family and I hope you care about me. No matter how the media portrays you, no matter how bad of a reputation you have, I will always see the true side to you. Forever and always I will see the good to you even when no one else does. That's one of my promises I will always keep. I love you."

"I love you too." I say as my eyes start to slightly fill with water.

"Now it's your turn, Taylor."

I take a deep breath to dry and pull myself together. I've been looking forward to this day so much but it's harder to do then I thought it would be.  "Joe, this is harder then I thought it would be." I say as small sniffles escape my nose. "It's, okay." He says with his perfect smile. "Joe, you're not my boyfriend or fiancé or husband. You're my best friend. I mean, I don't mean to friend-zone you but I didn't find just love with you. I found my best friend. Call it what you want but this relationship, us, is way more then what my songs or media shows. This relationship isn't just a projection for media to see me or for me to make a new album. I always told myself to not write songs when I'm in love. But I was wrong. Writing songs when you're in love is way better. I have you to thank for that. You found me an entire new way to think. When I was breaking down, worrying over my reputation, you deleted all my apps and told me to stay away. You've always protected me and showed me that how important it is to not let the media get to me. You've made me find a new way to live. A life not surrounded by my fame. A personal life. You gave me a real home life and I want to keep it that way with you. I want to live the rest of my life the way you've helped build me. I'm
really excited for this next chapter in my life and I would love if you would join me." I wipe the small tears coming from my eyes. I'm trying my best to hold them in but it's hard to.

"Now, do you Joseph Matthew Alwyn, take Taylor to be your lawfully wedded wife,for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do." He says while slipping the diamond ring on my left hand.

"Do you Taylor Alison Swift, take Joe to be your lawfully wedded husband,for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do." As I do the same with putting his ring on this ring finger.

"By the authority vested in me by the State of New York I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Joe leans forward and grabs my waist and I kiss him back for what seems like a lifetime. This moment will go down in history for me. So special. I'll have to turn this into a song.
—————————————————
Authors note: it hurts me sm to see her happy in these flashbacks thinking it'll last 😞

Anyways,

Comment😊

Vote ❤️