Indigo

I watched it begin again
December 7th 2019
Taylor Swift's POV
It's been five months now and I haven't lost our baby. I was scared but now I'm actually hopeful about all of this. As I sit on the couch watching Friends, it gets interrupted by Joe walking in the living room.

"The stuff for the crib is here now if you want to help set up." Joe says.

"Can I play the pregnancy card on this?" I ask while shrugging.

"Fine. You don't have to help but can you at least come with me?" Joe says with a small laugh. He comes over and helps me off the couch and we head upstairs into the nursery we have been starting to set up. I sit down in the nursing chair and watch Joe do all the work for me. He sits on the floor for a moment looking at the instructions looking fairly confused.

"Are you sure you can do this?" I ask.

"Uh-yeah." He says attempting to try and put two pieces of wood together.

"You know we could have paid the fee to have it assembled for us."

"I have to do this myself. This is a mans job." He exclaims.

I put my hand on my forehead and laugh slightly. "This isn't going well."

"I can do this! I swear!" Joe's pieces he has together then obliviously fall apart. Which causes me to laugh.

"Maybe I can't." He says.

"Let's just call someone to help us." I say taking out my phone. My entire body stops when I look at the time.

"What's wrong?" Joe asks.

"It's 7 minutes until 3:00."

"Is that today?"

"Yeah it's today!" So, today is the second ultrasound and we're gonna be late at this point. Joe quickly stands up then helps me up. Such a gentleman. We take an agonizing trip to the hospital and show up 13 minutes late.

"Hi, we have an appointment at 3:00 for Swift." Joe says at the front desk. Once again, forms are filled out and my name is called out to echo the room.

"First height and weight." The nurse says to me.

Height 5'10
Weight 143 a normal weight. No more starving myself or making myself miserable.

"You are perfect." The nurse says and leads me to the  doctors office.

As I wait on the table a conversation begins between Joe and I.

"So, do you want to find out the gender today?" I ask.

"I think we should. What about you?" Joe says.

"I agree. I still think it'll be a boy."

"I don't know, Tay."

"A mother always knows."

"I feel like that's what a bunch of mothers say but then end up getting it wrong. How could you possibly know?"

"I bet you $10 it's a boy." I smile.

"You have a net worth of $400 million and make like $180 million a year. $10 is literally nothing to you." He defends.

"Fine. Whoever gets the gender right picks dinner tonight."

"Deal." Joe comes and shakes my hand then sits back down in his chair. The door opens and it's Doctor Holbrook.

"Hi again." She says walking in with a smile.