~Chapter 17~

"I didn't know you could sing so good.", I whispered into Brody's ear. We were still standing in the field. "You're even better.", he kissed my head, making a trail down to my lips.

*Ring, Ring* I heard my phone going off from the car. "You should get that.", Brody said, pulling back from the kiss. I nodded, slightly annoyed.

"Hello." "Ella just got back, but the side effects of the treatment have made her sick. If I were you, I'd go ahead and stay at the house until tomorrow. She's going to be up all night.", mom said into the phone.

"Is she cured?", the thought of her not being cured scared me. "The results will be back in the morning.", she said.

"Oh, okay. We'll be there in the morning.", my nerves eased. "Bye bye.", mom said. "Bye momma.", I've call her momma ever since I was little, it's always stuck.

I hung up the phone and put it back down on the seat. "What did she need?", Brody asked. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the back of my neck.

"The treatment's side effects made Ella sick and she'll be up all night. We're going to stay at mom's tonight.", I said. Dad no longer lived with mom. He left when I was 8. I never knew why.

"Fine with me.", he kissed my cheek and walked back to the drivers side of the car. I jumped in with him and we took off down the road.

***

"This house here.", I pointed to the house on the side of the road. He pulled into the drive way and out the car in park.

I opened the door and jumped out of the car. "I haven't been here since I moved to Florida.", I walked up to the door and went to open it. Locked.

I thought for a second before looking under the plant mom has kept by the door since before I left. There it was, the silver key to unlock the door.

Sliding the key in the door, I turned the handle and opened the door. Nothing has changed. Everything was still in its same place as when I left.

"Come on. I want to show you my room.", I grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs to my room.

Just like the rest of the house, nothing had changed. The white duvet that was on the bed was still made just the way I left it.

I looked out the window that overlooked the rest of the neighborhood. I felt I tickle on my shoulder made by Brody's lips leaving a trail of soft kisses.

I closed the blinds before turning around and connecting my lips with his. Running my fingers through his soft hair, the kisses got faster and more aggressive.

His hand went to the back of my head, the other going to my back as he slowly laid me down on the bed, the kiss never breaking. We both smiled into the kiss.

"Can I?", he asked, looking into my eyes. "Use protection." Brody knows how I feel about all of this. I love that he asks if it's okay.

He nodded and jumped up. I've never met a guy who cared this much about how I feel.

I love him so much for that.