~Chapter 18~

I woke up to Brody's arms wrapped around me. My face nuzzled into his chest. I looked up at his face, his eyes still shut. Not wanting to wake him up, I laid there until his eyes opened.

Last night was... amazing . Brody is the only guy who actually cared about how I felt during it. He didn't rush it. And then there's everything with the song. I can't believe he actually pulled over and danced to the song with me. That song matched our personalities perfectly.

Minutes later his eyes fluttered open. "Good morning.", he said groggily. "Good morning.", I kissed his lips softly.

I couldn't get that song out of my head. One lyric that he sang stuck out especially;

"To carry love, to carry children of our own"

Did he really want that or was it just part of the song? Was that why he wanted to do it last night? For kids?

"Brody, did you mean everything that you sang last night?", I asked not meeting his eyes. "Every word. Why do you ask."

"Even the part about having kids of our own?", I still didn't meet his eyes. "Maybe someday. Not anytime soon though."

I bit my lip, not wanting to ask my next question. He lifted my chin to look at him and said, "Hey, what we did last night had nothing to do with wanting to have kids. I love you no matter what.", he answered my question for me.

I let out a soft sigh and smiled. "I love you too.", I said. He leaned in and softly kissed my lips.

"Let's go see Ella.", he said. I nodded and hopped out of bed. I walked to my closet filled with some clothes I left before I moved to Florida.

Pulling out a T-shirt and shorts I got dressed and brushed my hair and teeth, leaving my hair down in its loose curls. I walked downstairs and found Brody standing in the hallway looking at the pictures on the wall.

"Is that you?", he chuckled softly while pointing at a old picture. "Can't you tell? I still have the same good looks.", I joked. He laughed and said, "I can't believe I didn't notice.", he took a step closer to me, his smile still on his face.

"You should next time.", I took another step in front of him. I put my hand behind his neck and played with the hair on the back of his neck. His went to my waist and he said, "I'll remember next time."

His lips connected with mine, starting off slow and progressing faster and faster. He soon pushed me up against the wall, one of his hands holding me to him, the other bracing the wall. I felt his tongue lick my bottom lip, asking for permission for me to let him in. Just to mess with him, instead of letting him in, I bit his bottom lip.

He smiled against my lips and pressed his forehead against mine. "You can't mess with me like that.", he said jokingly. I laughed and kissed him once more before starting toward the car. 

"Let's go. We have time for that later.", I said picking my phone up. "As long as I have that to look forward to later.", he raised his eyebrows questioningly. "I promise.", I kissed his cheek and opened the door.

***

"I'm so nervous.", I said as we walked down the hallway toward Ella's room. "Whatever happens, I'll always be there for you.", he said. I smiled at him before reaching Ella's room.

I took a big breath in before opening the door. Ella was sitting up on her bed. "How you feeling?", I ask sitting down beside her.

"A lot better now that I know that I'm cancer free.", she smiled at me. I squealed and tackled her into a huge hug. "Holy shit Ella!", I was still laying on top of her in a hug.

"I get to go home some time tomorrow.", she said after I got off of her. Tears were spilling out of my eyes and down my face. The smile never left my face as I looked over at Brody who also had a smile on his face.

I guess miracles really do happen.