~Chapter 8~

"What do you think you were doing?", Ellerbee asked. Brody, Mitch, and I were standing in his office, probably about to get lectured about what we were doing.

"The police weren't going to help so we did it ourselves.", Mitch said. "When are you going to realize that you're just lifeguards?", he asked. What the hell! "Just lifeguards?!", I asked, really pissed off that that was now our label.

"Luna, just chill. What do you mean just lifeguards?!", Brody said cutting in. I rolled my eyes and turned to face Ellerbee again.

The door suddenly opened and Don Thorpe, the Baywatch captain, walked in. "I need you and Matt.", he said pointing at Mitch. He even used Brody's first name. It sounded really weird. "You, go join the rest of the team outside my office.", he then pointed at me.

We all walked and I went to go stand with the other guys. "Whats going on?", Summer asked when I got to them. "I don't know, buts its not going to be good.", I said.

"Did y'all find anything in the morgue?", Stephanie asked. "Yeah, and guess what. Rodriguez didn't die on that ship. He was murdered.", everyone's faces turned to shock at what I said.

A few minutes later the door to Thorpe's office and Mitch and Brody walked out, both looking really mad. "What happened?", C.J. asked the question we were all thinking.

"Brody's your new lieutenant. I just got fired.", everyone's turned to shock when Mitch said this. "Why did Brody get it, if anything, Stephanie deserves this.", C.J. asked. Stephanie just stayed quiet, her head hanging low.

"That's what I said, Stephanie needs this way more than me.", Brody cut in. The office door opened and Thorpe stuck his head out. "All of you get back to work. Oh and Mitch, I'm going to need that whistle back.", Mitch took the whistle off and handed it to Thorpe. We all walked out and back to the beach in silence.

I walked into tower 1, Brody right behind me. Brody took the whistle that was around his neck and threw it to the ground. "Hey, I know you're pissed! We all are, but breaking your whistle won't get you anywhere!", I said walking over to him.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want this. I want Mitch back, to just be a trainee again.", he confessed, hanging his head low. "I know, so do I.", I wrapped my arms around him, laying my head on his chest.

"What are we going to do?", he asked. I pulled away so I could see his face. "I honestly don't know, but we'll get through it.", that was the only thing I knew to say. I'm just as upset about the whole thing as he is.

Brody leaned down and gave me a small kiss on my lips. The kisses started getting faster and harder. I didn't care that we were in the tower, we both needed this.

Brody lifted me up on the control table, never breaking the kiss. He started making his way down my jaw, then to my neck. I moaned, signaling for him to come back up to my lips. He made his way back up, leaving a trail of kisses as he went.

"Holy shit!", we both pulled away quick to see Ronnie in the doorway. "Ronnie, how long have you been there?", I asked, still out of breath. "Long enough to see the whole make out session.", he turned around and started walking toward where everyone else was.

"Ronnie, please don't", I pleaded. I grabbed his arm and turned his back around to face me. "Luna, we're a team, a family. You don't do something like this to your family.", he paused for a second, "You deserve to be called out on your shit." He pulled his arm out of my grasp and continued to walk over to the rest of the team.

I stood there and watched him tell them everything. Some looked over at me, others shook there heads. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I turned and started to run away. I don't know where I'm going but I can't stay here.

I ended up on one of the rocks near the the oceans shore. It was away from everyone and everything. I let everything out, sobbing into my hands. "Why do I have to be such a idiot!", I screamed out into the ocean.

"You're not an idiot.", I turned around and saw Brody standing on the shore. I jumped off my rock and ran to him, collapsing into his arms. I sobbed into his chest as he held me while I cried. 

"Who gives a shit about them, the only thing that matters is if we want to be together.", he said after my sobs started to slow. "Ronnie's right though. We should have told them, they shouldn't of found out like this.", I said into his chest.

"We'll get through this, just like you said.", he pulled my chin up to look at him. I nodded, not wanting say anything. "Then lets go back." "Okay.", was all I said.

He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked back to the beach.

***

I stood in the tower looking out at everyone still standing in the same spot as before. "I'm sick of this.", Brody said and walked out of the tower, heading toward the rest of the team. "Brody no!", I started after him but didn't catch him in time.

"Okay, I don't really give a shit about what any of y'all think, but Luna does. You really hurt her, all of you. I know we should have told y'all but we knew this would happen. So if you have a problem with us then you will just have to get over it. 'Cause I love Luna, and none of y'all are going to mess that up."

He loved me. I started crying again, but this time they were happy tears. I walked up beside him and looked straight into his deep blue eyes. "I love you too."

"Luna, we're sorry. None of us should have reacted the way we did.", C.J. said. "She's right. We've all got your back, no matter what.", Summer came up and gave me a hug. "Go on and kiss her already. We all know you want to finish what you started.", Ronnie said.

"I'll finish what I started tonight.", Brody winked at Ronnie making everyone laugh. I smacked him in the stomach making him double over. Everyone started laughing at us.

I think we were going to be okay.