~Chapter 23~

I grabbed the binoculars from our tower and looked out at the ocean. Waves crashed in and out of the water as surfers glided over them.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two girls sitting down on their boards, both legs handing in the water. All of a sudden, both girls legs shot up out of the water and onto their boards. They each pointed toward the water and the screamed in terror.

I ran out of the tower and jumped on one of the jet skis and headed toward the spot they were at. As I got closer to them, I realized what they were pointing at. A dark gray fin picked up out of the water as a shark circled the two girls.

"Hey, y'all are going to be okay.", I yelled as I approached them. They each nodded their heads in unison. "Hop on the back and grab your board.", I told each of them.

One by one, each girl hopped on the back of the jet ski, holding their boards beside them. The shark now circled around the jet ski. I started the motor back up and drove away from the shark.

When we got back to the shore, I parked the jet ski back in its lot and helped each girl off the back of it. "Thank you so much!", one of the girls said. "It's no problem.", I patted each girl on the back and they walked off down the beach.

I walked back to the tower and nicked up the radio. "Mitch, you there?",  I said into it. "Yeah what's up.", Mitch's voice came through the radio.

"There's a shark out here in front of tower 1. It probably a good idea to get the surfers out of there.", I replied. "Good idea. I'll send out a shark warning right now.", Mitch said. "Okay thanks.", I answered.

"Awesome job Luna. Keep it up.", came over the radio in a voice I couldn't mistake. Brody's. I smiled to myself as I laid the radio back down on the table in front of me.

I watched as surfers and beach goers walked out of the water and back to the shore. I hate that they couldn't be in the water, but at least no one would get hurt.

Who knew that being a lifeguard could make you feel so good.

I have decided that I'm going to be ending this book in a couple days. I have really loved writing this for everyone and I really hope you all like it.

I will be publishing another book soon after this one is completed. For my next Zac Efron character book, I'm going to be writing a Troy Bolton book (personally one of my favorite Zac movies). Comment if you think you might want to read it after it's out!