~Chapter 1~

I finished pulling my hair into a ponytail before looking into my bathroom mirror. Today was the day. I worked so hard for this and now it's time to do it. I was about head down to the beach for the Baywatch tryouts. For a year I trained for this, doing weight lifting, cardio, and swimming. I even got a killer tan just for this, didn't really need it though, I'm Caucasian. This is what I've been working towards and now I'm going to go get it.

I ran out of the house and towards the beach, besides I need to get warmed up anyway. Running all the way there will help with that and my nerves.

I started to walk when I got to the boardwalk, not wanting to run into anyone. Right as I was walking across to the beach, someone on a motorcycle stopped right in front of me, making lose balance and fall into the drivers arms. When I finally realized what had happened, I jumped out of his arms and back to my feet.

"Hey, be more careful where you're driving that thing!", I said, my breathing finally starting to return to normal. He tilted his sunglasses down to where I could see his face, not saying anything. "Wait... you're Matt Brody, right?", I have seem him all over Instagram. "Yeah, I'm sure you saw me at the Olympics.", he said. Wow, I've never seen a pretty boy as cocky as him.

"Yes I did see you at the Olympics, but I recognized you from Instagram. You're then one that puked in the pool.", I said, trying to embarrass him since he was so cocky. "Um... yeah that happened. Since you know my name, I think I should get to know yours.", he raised his eyebrow as he said this. Damn, he really was cute. "Luna.", I walked away, swaying my hips and not giving him a chance to reply, and headed to the beach.

Though I was really trying hard to play hard to get, I really hoped I would see him again soon. Sure he was cocky, but it was a cute cocky. It's more like in a joking kind of way, I think.

I made it to the beach and jumped in line to get signed up. "Hey Luna!", I heard my name being called out. I turned around and saw C.J. running up to me. C.J. was one of those lifeguards that's always perfect. It always seems like shes running in slow mo, and her hair is never wet, but it's also never really dry either. I never understood it. "Ronnie, you're back!", she exclaimed to the man beside me. "C.J.!", the man, now known as Ronnie, said. He liked her, hell I didn't even know him and I could tell.

"So you finally decided to try out this year?", C.J. said when she finally got to us from her slow motion run. "Yep, and I'm feeling it, I've got this in the bag!", dang, now I was sounding like Brody. "I know you do! You can always do anything you put your mind to!", she said pocking my abs, making me double over.

I had to work hard for these abs. I don't like to really bring it up but I used to be that fat kid that people make fun of in school. When I discovered Baywatch, I started working out a lot and going on diets to lose all the weight. Now I have a six pack and can probably bench press more then any one here!

"I have to get back over there, good luck!", she said, giving me a hug before running back one of the lifeguard towers. Before I knew it was my turn to sign up. "Hi, I'm Luna Cox and I need to sign up.", I said stating the obvious. Why would I even be in line if I didn't need to sign up? Great that's twice I've embarrassed myself this morning, and it's not even lunch yet!

I finished signing up and walked over to where everyone else was standing. Looking down the beach, there he was. Sitting in a folding chair watching all the people fill the beach. He looked over at me and I saw a smirk form on his lips. I walked over to him and asked, "Are you signing up?" "No, I don't need to sign up, they know who I am. I don't need to sign up.", wow. "You sound very confident.", I was confident that I really liked it. "Yeah, confident that I'll be taking that one open slot.", he said. Oh hell no. I raised my eyebrows and said, "I wouldn't be so sure One Direction. I bet I could out swim you any day." Why did I just say that?! He is an Olympic swimmer and I could barely swim without a floaty up until last year.

"Oh really?!", he said almost laughing. "Bet.", it's to late to back out of it now. "We'll see about that when you get in the water.", I held my hand out for him to shake, making our bet. He took it and we shook before I started to walk away but turned back around to face him. "Oh yeah, and next time we talk, remember my eyes are up here...", I pointed to my eyes, "not down here.", pointed to my boobs.

His eyes went wide, seeing as he had just been busted. I turned back around and walked back to where I was standing, laughing to myself.

***

"Welcome to Baywatch!", a women in a red one piece bathing suit said into a microphone. "Baywatch is the elite of the elite and we only accept the best that there is. Usually we only accept one new recruit every year, but this year we are taking in four.", I looked over at Brody when she said this, he was looking back as me. Apparently we were both thinking the same thing. "Now I'll hand it over to Loutenet Mitch Buchannon.", claps erupted from the crowd of people.

"Thank you Stephanie.", so that was her name, "Like she said Baywatch is the elite of the elite and this is because we follow rules. If you are not going to follow the rules you can leave.", Mitch looked over at Brody as he said this, but he didn't budge out of his chair. "Now C.J.'s going tell you about the course you will be doing.", he handed mic to C.J. who gladly took it. "We like to call this course "The Absent Father". It's difficult, brutal even. But if you get through it, your chances of joining the team will be even higher. Now line up at the starting line and get ready to go.", she said.

I sprinted over to the starting line, wanting a spot in the front to give me an advantage. The whistle blew and I took off following the path C.J. explained. When I got out of the water ran over the sand hill and climbed over the wall. I finally crossed the finish line looking around to see no one else had finished yet. "Damn!", I whispered to myself. Looking over at Mitch he was nodding his head approvingly. I walked over to where Brody was still sitting, wide eyed. "Believe me now?", I kept walking on past him to go get the towel I brought with me.

"Come back tomorrow and some of you might just have a spot.", I heard Mitch say over the microphone after everyone finished. I will for sure be here, and I'm almost positive I will have a spot.

I'm going to go ahead and call today a success!

Authors Note:

Thank you for reading the first chapter of "When I'm With You"! I'm so excited to be writing this for all of you!

Please comment is you liked it or not and don't forget to vote if you did!