~Chapter 5~

I woke up with a sleeping Brody's arms around me, my head up against his chest just like when we fell asleep. I started placing small gentle kisses all over his face to wake him up. His eyes started to flutter open when I pressed my lips up against his.

"If this is how you wake everyone up, I'm going to start sleeping in here more often.", he said in a groggy voice. I smiled and placed another kiss on his lips before jumping out of bed and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

I pulled the milk out of the refrigerator and placed it on the counter. I reached into the cupboard and pulled my Cookie Crisp out. Opening the box, I went to pour some into a bowl when I heard Brody from behind me.

He walked up behind me and started placing small, slow kisses on my shoulder, making his way up my neck. "Brody.", I whispered turning around to face him. His lips made their way to mine, softly and slowly.

My hands went to the back of his neck, my fingers playing in his hair. His hands went to my waist, lifting me up onto the counter to sit on. His lips started making their way down my neck, I smiled.

"Brody.", I said, but he didn't stop. I pulled away making him stop what he was doing to look at me. "I would love to stay here and do this all day, but we have a job." He kissed my lips one last time before helping me off the counter.

I finished making our cereal and we sat at the kitchens island and ate it. I finished eating and put my bowl in the sink to wash later. I walked behind Brody and wrapped my arms around his strong figure. "Now are you glad I made you stay here?", I whispered in his ear. "Yes I am!", I laughed and kissed the side of his head before walking up the stairs to change into my swimsuit.

I got changed, brushed my teeth, and am now brushing my hair, leaving it in it's natural loose curls. "You ready to go?", I said walking downstairs to get my keys. "Lets go.", he kissed my head and we headed to the beach.

"So am I allowed to kiss you in front of everyone or is this just something we need to keep between us?", I asked when we got outside. "For now it stays between us. When we move up from trainees, I don't care what we do in front of them.", he replied. I nodded my head, agreeing with his plan.

We made it to the beach and I walked up the ramp and unlocked our tower, placing my stuff inside. "Turn everything on, I'm going to talk to C.J.", I walked out of the tower and down the beach to tower 2 where she was this week. 

"Hey, who's the hickey from?", C.J. asked as I walked up to her. Shit. "I just burned myself with the curling iron.", I didn't even notice the hickey. Damn it Brody. C.J. raised her eyebrow at me, questioning my answer.

"Promise, no one has gave me a hickey.", she nodded her head, finally believing my lie. "Anyway Mitch has something to show you and Brody from yesterday.", she said. I took off to get Brody and find Mitch.

I heard someone whistle as I was walking back to the tower. I stopped and turned around to see two guys standing there staring at me. They both walked over to me, one of them saying, "You look real hot in that.", gesturing to my swimsuit. "Thanks but I've got to get back to my tower.", I started walking back but was grabbed by one of the guys and pulled back to them.

"Stay. I'll add more hickeys to your collection.", the guy leaned down to start kissing my neck but I pushed him away. "Leave me alone!", I started backing up away from him but my waist was grabbed by the other one. "I think you're better off with me.", the guy from behind me slapped my butt, making me wince in pain at how hard he hit me.

One of them leaned over me, trying to kiss me. "Get off of me!", I yelled pushing him off of me. The guy slapped me across the face making me wince again. "I'll do whatever I want!", he said.

The guy that slapped me was tackled to the ground by Brody. "She said to get off of her!", Brody yelled before punching the guy in the face. The guy wiggled out from under Brody and they both ran off together.

Brody jumped up out of the sand and ran up to me. "Your face! How hard did he hit you?", I couldn't answer, tears started falling down my face as I collapsed in his arms. I cried in his shoulder as he held me there.

"What happened!", I heard Summers voice from behind me. "Two assholes stopped her and tried to kiss and touch her. One slapped her before I got here.", Brody answered, I still had my face buried in his chest, not wanting anyone to see me like this.

"The bitches!", Summer yelled. She started rubbing circles around my back, trying to help calm me down. "I'm so sorry Luna.", she said. I nodded into Brody's chest, still not able to get words out of my mouth.

Brody picked me up and carried me to our tower and sat me in the chair inside. He got on his knees so he was level with my face. "Luna it's okay now. There both gone, I'm here now.", tears were still falling down my face.

"T-they touched me B-Brody!", I spitted out, stuttering on some of my words. "I know and they're both assholes, but they're gone. I'm not going to let anyone ever touch you like that again.", he said kissing my lips softly. All I could do was nod, unable to get words out.

"Do you want to go home?", he asked. I shook my head and wiped my tears away. "I have a job to do and I can't let to assholes like that run me away from it.", I said, my breathing starting to steady again. "That's good. Stay in here until you're ready. Take your time.", he stood up and walked out of the tower. 

I could see Summer and C.J. standing outside waiting on someone to come out. I grabbed my phone off of the table and pulled the camera up, looking at my cheek where I was slapped. There was a red hand print in the spot I was slapped. Putting my phone back down, I wiped my face one more time before walking out of the tower and down the ramp.

"Luna, are you okay?", C.J. ran up to me. I nodded my head not really stopping to acknowledge her. I walked all the way to where Mitch and Brody were standing, "Mitch, don't you have something to show us?" They both looked shocked at my sudden mood change. I am still really upset about what happened and Brody will be the only one that's going to see me upset.

"Um, yeah. This was in the waistband of one of the girls from the ship.", he pulled a small zip lock bag out of his pocket full of white powder. "Drugs. No wonder they were all acting high.", I said. "The police isn't going to do anything about it, so we'll have to.", he put the bag back in his pocket. "What are we going to do? We're lifeguards.", Brody replied.

"Victoria Leeds most likely has something to do with it and she's having a party tonight, and we're all going. Maybe we'll find something tonight.", he said. "Then we'll be there.", I said.

Brody and I walked back to our tower. "Are you going to be okay?", he asked. "I'm going to have to be. I'm not missing this."