~Chapter 22~

"Let's go!", I yelled upstairs. It was the morning after we watched the movie and now we have to get back to work. Nobody's ever this excited in the morning, but I am. I haven't been on the beach in a week, so I'm ready to get back.

"I'm coming, hold on.", Brody said, trudging down the stairs. He's not as excited as me. I opened the door and pulled Brody out with me.

We walked, well, more like I pulled, Brody the rest of the way to the beach. "Luna!", I heard someone yell. I turned around to see Summer running up to us.

Summer and I have gotten super close since we both became apart of Baywatch. We had known each other from college but never really talked. Now we're best friends.

"Summer!", I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. "I missed you.", she said, after we let each other go. "I missed you too.", I said with a smile.

"Have you seen what everyone has been saying about you two?", she pointed to Brody and I. "Yeah. Did you see the picture I posted last night?", I asked. "No, let me see."

I pulled the picture up on my Instagram and showed it to her. "This has over 30,000 likes!", she said handing me my phone back. "Seriously?", Brody and I said together. I don't even have over 2,000 followers! How did it get over 30,000 likes?

"I'm going to get back to my tower. See ya later.", she said before turning and walking back to tower 3. We made our way to tower 1 and I unlocked the door, letting both of us in.

The door opened again and Mitch came through. "Hey Mitch.", I said while smiling. "Hey, I just came to tell you that y'all are both no longer trainees.", Mitch said.

I turned and looked at Brody, my smile huge. "And to give this back.", Mitch held out the medal that Brody had thrown into the ocean. He took it, a confused look on his face.

"How'd you get this?", Brody asked, still looking confused. "You only threw it 7 feet into the water. The current washed it back up onto shore.", I couldn't hold in my laughter. Brody gave me a glare before smiling.

"Thanks Mitch.", he said. "You deserve it.", Mitch said before walking out of the tower and down the beach. Brody's face turned from confusion to shock.

"Why so shocked?", I asked walking up to him. "I didn't expect to get this back.", he laid the medal down on the table. "Mitch was right, you deserve to have it."

"But I don't feel like I do.", he said, shaking his head. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You made a mistake and eventually people are just going to have to get over that, including yourself.", I slipped my hand into his and gave it a small squeeze.

"You're right.", he leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I know.", I kissed his lips then walked outside the tower.

Sometimes you need to forget about the past before everyone else can.