~Chapter 6~

I slipped on my dress I was going to wears to Leeds party. It was a short, off the shoulder burgundy dress. It was actually really cute.

I put my heels on and walked down stairs. Brody was sitting there waiting on me to come down. "Let's go.", I said picking up my silver clutch. His eyes went wide when I came into view.

"Are you sure you will be okay?", he asked walking up to me. I nodded my head saying, "I'll be fine.", he leans down and kissed my head before we walked out.

***

"Luna and Summer, you two lookout for Leeds while Stephanie and I go take a look around.", Mitch said. We were standing outside in the driveway of Leeds house party.

We all walked down the walkway toward the house. I was standing in between Summer and Brody when the two guys from the beach walked by us.

I kept walking, not wanting to draw attention to myself but I could feel them staring at me. I felt Brody's hand slide down my back, making its way to my butt. His hand gave it a squeeze making both of the guys turn around and keep walking. Luckily none of the team noticed.

I looked up at Brody and gave him a smile. He returned it and we kept walking toward the entrance.

"You go over there and I'll stay here.", Summer said. I started toward one of the doors leading to where Mitch and Stephanie would be.

"Now you must be the new trainee.", a women walked up to me. "Yes I am!", I replied, not really sure who I was talking to.

"Victoria Leeds.", she held out her hand for me to shake. "Luna Cox, it's a pleasure to meet you." "Polite. I'll have to keep you after I own the beach.", she turned to walk away before I stopped her. "Miss Leeds! What do you mean 'when you own the beach'?", I asked.

She turned around and walked back to me. "I will soon be signing the deed to the beach. A few things need to be taken care of beforehand, but soon the beach will be in my name.", oh shit!

"Congratulations!", I pretended to sound excited. "I like you. I'll keep you after the deed is signed.", she turned around and walked away.

I was left standing in my spot by myself. I heard a splash in the pool as everyone gathered around it. Curiosity took over me and I walked over to where everyone was around the pool.

Brody stood, soaking wet, in the middle of the pool, holding a half full bottle of Scotch. He then puked everything back into the water, again.

Everyone around the pool gasped, some laughed and others turned away in disgust. Not me. I just stood there, really disappointed.

"Hey, it's the Vomit Commit!", someone from the crowd yelled. Brody turned around, his eyes meeting mine. I just shook my head and turned around to walk back to where I was supposed to be.

Earlier I couldn't wait to get home and curl up next to him, just let all the stress from today go away. Not anymore. Now, I'm just pissed.

***

"Leeds is the one dealing the drugs. Steph and I found it in cans in the back of the house.", Mitch said. We all met up back at the beach around a small fire. Everyone was here, except Brody.

"I talked to Leeds while I was on lookout. She said after she finished taking care of some thing she was signing the deed to own the beach.", everyone looked around, shocked at what I had just said. "The police won't do anything about her so it's up to us to save the beach.", Mitch said.

We all looked around at each other, nodding our heads. "Be here at 7 like always. I'll have a plan in the morning.", we all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

I began the walk back home all alone. Usually Brody would be here with me, but not tonight. Who knows where he is at.

I walked up to the door and walked inside. "Brody?", I called through the house. No answer. He obviously wasn't here.

Going up the stairs, I walked into my room and took my dress off, throwing Brody's oversized hoodie on. I climbed in bed and laid down under the covers.

Wherever he was, he probably wouldn't be home tonight.

***

I was right. It's morning and Brody is nowhere to be found. I got ready in silence and headed out the door, walking by myself to the beach.

I got to my tower and walked in placing all of my stuff on the table and walking out towards Mitch.

When I found Mitch, there he was. Brody stood there talking to Mitch. When I got up to them, Brody yelled, "I messed up, man!"

"Yeah I know that.", Mitch replied. A sad look went to Brody's face, "I'm sorry.", was all he said.

"I watched you win two gold medals. You were amazing when it was just you. But when it came to the relay, being part of your team, your Olympic team, your family, you blew it. 'Cause you're selfish. Baywatch is or team. Our family. You've proven to me that you don't really want to be apart of this family, so you're done. 'Cause the only thing you give a shot about is yourself and your medals."

I was shocked at what Mitch said. Brody just got kicked off the team! He didn't seem to really care at all.

"You talking 'bout this medal?", he pulled one of his medals out of his pocket and threw it out into the ocean but it only got washed back up to the shore. "Wow, that's impressive.", Mitch said sarcastically.

"Don't you have two of them though?", I asked. This wasn't really my conversation to be in but I had to bring it up. "That's not the point.", Brody quickly said after me. "That's polluting.", Mitch was right.

"Listen Mitch, I know I messed up okay? I should have listened. I want to be apart of this team and I will not let you down again, I swear.", I was speechless and I'm pretty sure Mitch was too.

"And I think you're right about Leeds being connected to the councilmen.", Brody later said. "Councilmen?", I was just as confused as Mitch was. "Yeah councilmen... councilmen Rodriguez! The dead guy. He had this watch. I've seen that watch on one of Leeds thugs."
(A/N: I know I left the part out when they found him dead, just pretend like I didn't.)

Mitch and I both looked back and forth at each other, obviously thinking the same thing. "See? I want to help man. I want to help.", Brody said. Mitch looked at me, a small grin on his face, "Alright, I'll give you another shot. Councilmen Rodriguez is connected to all of this somehow and the coroner's office just released his body. And I have a plan.", Mitch replied.

Brody turned to me and smiled at me when he was told he had another shot. I smiled back, happy for him.

Now that Mitch had a plan, being a lifeguard is about to get a lot more interesting.