~Chapter 24~

5 Years Later

It's just Brody and I on the beach, which is just how I like it. The sun is starting to set, and it goes perfect with the rolling waves of the ocean. I walked with my hand in Brody's, our fingers intertwined.

I felt a tug on my arm, I turned and saw Brody stopped behind me. "What are you doing?", I giggled at him and turned around to face him. Without saying anything, he took his hand out of mine and got on one knee. My hands went over my mouth and my eyes went wide.

"No matter how many times I go over this in my head, I still can't think of the right way to ask you, so I'm just going to wing it. Luna, you're the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Without you, I'm not sure what would of happened to me. The past five years with you have been the best of my life, and I was hoping...", he reached into his pocket and pulled out of small box, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring inside. "You would spend the rest of it with me? Will you marry me Luna?"

I didn't fight back the tears as I nodded my head, "Yes!" He stood up and cupped my face in his hands, kissing my face as he did. I held my hand out and let him slip the ring on it. 

The ring was gorgeous

The ring was gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. I looked up at Brody and smiled the biggest smile I ever have. He picked me up from my waist and spun me around in the air. I smiled and laughed so hard until he put me back down.

I kissed him again, wrapping my hands around the back of his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. We pulled away and pressed our foreheads together.

"You're going to be my wife.", he whispered in shock. I kissed him softly and said, "I can't wait." "I love you.", he said. "I love you so much more.", I said. 

I pulled back so I could look at my ring again. I love it so much! Brody pulled me to him and kissed my head. Everything is perfect. It couldn't get any better then this.

And to think, we met after he almost ran me over with a motorcycle. Love happens in the most mysterious ways. Sometimes you just have to go with it.

~

"Luna, Luna. Wake up.", a voice whispered in my ear.

I rolled over and faced Brody in bed. "You just woke up a wonderful dream.", I told him.

"I'm sorry.", he said, kissing my forehead.

"It's okay, it will be a reality someday."