~Chapter 15~

"How much longer will she be back there?", I kept pacing back and forth across the room. They took Ella back to do her last treatment at 5 and it's now 7. I'm stressed.

"Maybe you should get out for a bit.", mom said stopping me in front of her. "No, I want to be here when she gets back."

"Maybe we should get out for a while.", Brody said. He stood up from his spot on the couch and walked over to me. "Just you and me.", he whispered.

"Fine.", I agreed. "But we have to eat first. I'm starving.", I haven't eaten since this morning before we left.

I grabbed my phone and walked out, Brody right behind me. "So where are we eating?", Brody asked. We got to the elevator and I pressed the down arrow. "You pick.", I smiled at him.

Ella's room was on the top floor in the cancer treatment center. The doors opened and no one was inside.

We both walked in and the doors closed behind us. The elevator had windows all the way down, looking out at the city. It wasn't as pretty as the ocean but the views not bad.

I felt Brody's soft lips and my shoulder as I looked out the windows. He started making his way up my neck, moving up and down. I turned so I could face him. His beautiful blue eyes looked back at me before my lips crashed against his. My hands went behind his neck, his going to my waist.

*Cough, cough*. I jerked my head up and a man in nurses scrubs stood in the doorway of the elevator. "Oh, um sorry.", I said before walking out of the elevator with Brody right behind me.

I walked up to moms SUV and climbed in the passenger seat. Brody jumped in the drivers side and busted out laughing. I couldn't stand it any longer and laughed with him.

"How do we always find ourselves in these kind of situations?", he asked after the laughter died down. "Hell if I know."

***

"This good?", Brody asked. "Ok course, you can't ever go wrong with Pizza Hut.", I asked as we pulled into the parking lot.

We both jumped out of the car and walked inside. I walked up and sat in a booth in the back of the restaurant.

"Hi my names Makayla. What can I get you tonight?", a waitress said walking up to our table. "I'll take a Coke.", I said looking up at her.

"And what can I get for you to drink?", she asked Brody, very seductively. "Um, Coke's fine with me too.", Brody raised his eyebrows at her. She tuned around and walked away, swaying her hips as she went.

"Bitch.", I muttered under my breath. Brody chuckled softly and opened and menu. "What kind of pizza do you want?", he asked.

"Margherita!", I piped up. Margherita pizza has been my favorite since I was little. I don't know why, it just has.

"Brody smiled and nodded his head. The waitress came back holding two cups in her hands.

"What kind of pizza would you like?", she asked, staring at Brody. "A large margherita.", he said shutting his menu. "I'll have that right out.", she grabbed the menu, grazing her hand over Brody's.

She walked back behind the cash register and started at Brody. I stood up and walked over to the booth Brody was in and sat beside him. "What are you doing.", he asked.

Without answering I placed my lips on his, running my hand through his hair. I then pulled away and walked back to my seat in the opposite booth.

I looked over at the counter and our waitress was standing there, her mouth wide open. I gave her a small wave and looked back at Brody.

"Why are you jealous of a Pizza Hut waitress?", he asked, his eyebrows raised. "I'm not jealous, just overly protective.", I smiled at him. We both laughed and waited on the food.

Overly protective is a understatement.