~Chapter 14~

"Ella Cox.", I told the woman at the registration desk. Our plane has landed about an hour ago and we took an Uber to the hospital.

The receptionist type her name on the computer before saying, "Room 214.", she pointed down the hall. I grabbed Brody's hand and walked down the hallway to the room.

I stopped in front of room 214 and looked at Brody. "I haven't seen her since she was first diagnosed.", I said.

"It'll be okay.", he gave my hand a squeeze. I reached for the door handle and opened the door.

Ella was laying on her bed talking to mom. I barely recognized her. Her eyes had lost the sparkle in them. The smile that had always been on her face was now gone. This isn't the sister I remember.

"Luna?", she asked looking confused. I pulled my hand out of Brody's and pulled her into a hug. "I missed you.", I said, not pulling away.

She just looked at me in shock. "W-what are you doing here?", she asked after a few seconds. "I wanted to see you."

"Who's that?", she pointed at Brody who was still standing by the door. I walked over and grabbed Brody's hand and pulled him over to Ella.

"This is Brody, my boyfriend.", I said. I've never called Brody my boyfriend before. I like it.

A smile came over her face. A smile I haven't seen in a long time. "How'd you manage to get him?!", she asked.

"What do you mean?", I laughed a little when I asked. "Have you looked at him?! He's hot!", she said.

Brody's eyes went wide and his face turned red.  "Trust me, I know.", I said. I turned around to look at him, "Why are you so embarrassed? You know you are.", I laughed.

I went and sat on the side of Ella's bed and asked, "How have you been feeling?" "Real shitty.", I giggled at her answer.

I picked up her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed me.", I can feel the tears coming back.

"It's not your fault.", she said, shaking her head. I squeezed her hand one more time before standing back up next to Brody.

A knock came at the door before a man in a white doctors coat. "Dr. Thompson, what can we do for you?", mom piped up. I had almost forgotten she was here, she had been so quiet.

"I've got some good news for Ella. In the last test we ran, we found out that the size of the tumor was very small. There is a new treatment we can do and if you do the treatment, there's a chance the tumor will go away. If not, you have a week.", the doctor said.

A smile immediately went to my face and I looked over at Ella. There was no smile and she had no expression at all.

"What are the chances the tumor does go away with the treatment?", mom asked. "About 50 50. The treatment will increase her chances though.", he replied.

"Ella, what do you think?", I asked, smiling at her. She turned to look at me but her expression didn't change. "I don't know.", she said.

"Come on Ella. You need to try.", I moved back over to the bed and grabbed her hand. "I need you to try.", my voice was barely above a whisper.

It took her a few seconds but she finally nodded, saying, "Okay, I'll try." I smiled and gave her hand a squeeze.

"Great! We need to get started as soon as possible so I'll be back around 5 to get started.", the doctor said. "Thank you so much!", mom said.

Doctor Thompson then opened the door back and walked out. "Yes!", I jumped up off the bed and back to Brody.

Ella was getting the second chance I was hoping for.