~Chapter 13~

"Will you hold my hand when we take off?", Brody asked. We are in line to board our plane to California.

California is where I grew up my whole life. I moved to Florida after graduating high school to attend college at the University of Florida.

After college, I decided I didn't want to leave Florida, which led to me joining Baywatch, which led to Brody. I love it here!

"Of course I will.", I replied to Brody's sarcasm. We went through the rest of the line and went to board the plane.

I walked behind Brody in between seats on the plane. Right before we got to our seats, I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind me.

Behind me was a tall guy in a University of Florida hoodie. "Sorry but you look really familiar. Did you go to Florida?", he pointed down at his hoodie.

"Yeah. Weren't you in my science class?", I remember him. "Yes, I sat behind you. I always thought you were really nice but never had the guts to ask you out on a date.", he said.

Oh shit. What do I say?

"Aww, that's so sweet.", was the best thing I could come up with. "There's an extra seat beside me and it would be awesome if you ended up in it.", shit shit shit!

"Sorry, my boyfriend is sitting down there. I'll see you around though.", I said. "Oh, okay. See ya,"

I walked the rest of the way back to Brody and sat down. "Who was that?", he asked. "Guy that I went to college with. He asked me to sit by him and said we never had the guts to ask me out.", he laughed.

I slapped his arm and he laughed harder. When he finally stopped, I laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm scared.", scared is an understatement. I'm terrified.

What are supposed to feel when your sister is in her last week of life? I'm scared, sad, angry, confused.

Why did it have to be Ella that went through this? This could have happened to any of the other 7 billion people in the world but it happened to Ella.

"I know you are.", he said. I looked up and let him kiss my lips gently.

"Please fasten your seatbelts. We are about to take off.", the pilot came over the speaker. Brody quickly grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

"You're such an idiot!", he's not scared of flying at all. "I need you to protect me!", we both started laughing until the plane took off.

***

"Okay, What is your favorite dog breed?", Brody asked.

We still had 4 hours left on the plane since California is all the way across the country. We were so bored that the most entertaining thing was asking each other random questions.

"Aussies! They're so cute and lovable.", I said. I've never had a dog before. Growing up, dad was always elegiac and when I got to college, I was always so busy with classes, there was never time.

"Favorite thing about me?", it was my turn to question him. "Everything!", he said.

I smiled at him and yawned. Even though I just woke up a couple hours ago, the stress of everything going on has drained me.

"You should sleep.", Brody said. He was right. The next few days were going to be hard and I needed as much sleep as possible.

I nestled into him and wrapped my arms around him. "You'll never leave me right?", I asked before closing my eyes.

"I love you too much to do that.", he said. "Good.", I closed my eyes and snuggled into more.

I wouldn't be able to handle another person leaving me.

Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was super busy and didn't have time.

I know the plot at the moment is kind of odd and totally irrelevant to the movie but I have not other ideas since I finished rewriting the movie to make sense with the book. It's going to get better I promise.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!!!