25

Before we start, I just wanted to remind you all that every hospital is different and since I do not live in South Korea, I do not know how their emergency, specifically medical, services run. Now, I will also be changing up how this hospital works in comparison to other real hospitals, slightly, in some ways, simply because it pairs better with my story line and what I want to portray. Thank you,

~Mya

----

Slight angst in this part. No worries, I hope, though.

~~~~

It's around 4:30 p.m., and Rose and I are working on my last surgical patient for the day. Rose is taking the lead, while I am assisting, and Jungkook is watching closely from a monitor.

"Dr. Choi, we are going to need to get rid of some of that fluid." I say, as I am about to suction up some of the saline.

"No." She says.

"Excuse me?" I reply.

"He doesn't need it. We are good." She answers back still placing her full attention into the microscope.

I glare at her for a second.

"Just please be careful of where you're cutt-"

"Yeah, I got it." She snaps, and I narrow my eyes at her, trying to focus my full attention back to the screen in front of me. I can see that she is now trying to remove a benign (non-cancerous) tumor, and all goes well, until all hell breaks loose.

"Uh, oh..." Rose stands still.

My eyes widen. "What the fuck was I just trying to tell you!?" I shout. "Now we need the suction." I give her the draining pipe. "Get more blood in here!" I tell the other nurses in here as two scurry out.

When Rose was trying to cut the tumor off, she made a mistake and went too far down, causing blood to spew everywhere. Things like this happen all of the time, and if treated immediately, it's non-fatal and the patient normally makes a full recovery, but when it's this much blood and such a crucial organ... It's life or death.

"Dr. Choi! Stop trying to cut the tumor! You can not see. Let me do it." I shout. Rose just continues to try to cut the tumor out, setting the pump down.

"We're losing pressure too quickly, Doctor." A nurse says, squeezing a blood pack.

"Enough." I say, finally done being fed up with nonsense. "Choi Rose, get out."

She stops all of her movements for a split second, and then, she's gone.

I immediately step into action.

----

"Stitch him up, and take him to the ICU. He needs morphine (Pain reliever) and ibuprofen (Non-steroidal anti inflammatory(NSAID)). Give the patient file to Beckings when you're done." I take off my gloves, and rush to the door that leads me into the cleaning station.

"But, Doctor, how much-"

"Ask Jun."

I walk out, ignoring the rest.

As I clean up, Jungkook meets me in the hall.

"Taehyung..."

I turn to him, and breath out. "Jungkook... Where's Choi?"

"She's in waiting room B." I, then, grab his hand and lead him to the waiting room.

"Choi." I say by the open door. She is playing with some children in the room, as she looks to me.

It takes her a few seconds before she says her goodbyes to the kids and follows Jungkook and I out into a more secluded area.

"What was that?" I ask.

"It was just a mistake." She shrugs, "Couldn't see well."

"Couldn-couldn't see well? That's your excuse? Well if i'm referencing anything you said some thirty minutes ago, Id have to assume you could see pretty damn well." She just shrugs.

"And, enough of this nonchalant attitude. Like you just couldn't care less. Is there something that I should know about?" I ask, extremely curious at this point.

"No."

"Well then, what's been going on? What are you trying to prove? Was that little stunt you pulled on purpose? Did you want to try to screw everything up? Hurt this innocent man, who entrusted his life with us?"

"I mean, he didn't have much time to live, anyway."

"That is not our choice to decide that! We are supposed to help people! That's what's in this job description! What don't you understand? Yeah, of course there's accidents, but we just can't give up, or mess someone over just because we want to. People come to us, so that they can try to get better, to help them live longer. If you have a problem with something, you never take it out on the patient. Have some morals, and a little bit of decency for yourself." I scold.

"Well, you know what? Fuck you, and fuck you, too." She tells both of us. "No one wants to be around your gay asses anyway. I'm done. I didn't want to do this shit anyway. Take your stuff." She throws her badge, lanyard, and stethoscope down in front of me, and walks out of the room to the nearest exit.

After a few moments of internal shock, I step forwards to pick up her things, as I bite my lip.

"Tae..." Jungkook turns me around, and hugs me. My hands and face resting on his chest as I try not to cry. One hand gripping his shirt, as he whispers sweet nothings into my ear.

'But, why did that hurt so bad?'